Particularly charming period barn conversion, sympathetically converted, and 2 miles from Selby.
Kitchen/breakfast/living room, sitting room, dining room/hall, wc, utility room, integral garage.
Principal bedroom suite with dressing room and en suite bathroom, 3 further bedrooms. family bathroom
Large room/bedroom 5 on the second floor
Built in the mid 18th century, The Stables is a delightful, link-attached period barn conversion with enclosed gardens. It has been meticulously restored and renovated mainly using reclaimed materials. The large and elegantly proportioned sitting room is impressive and provides a superb family living space.
• Light and beautifully proportioned rooms, exposed beams, double-glazed windows, stripped wood, parquet flooring
• The modern kitchen breakfast living room with stone flags and under floor heating has a range of wall and floor units. A feature spiral staircase leads to the master bedroom.
• Sitting room with double doors opening west, parquet wooden flooring, large York stone fireplace
• The bedroom accommodation could be split into two to create separate guest accommodation. Most of the bedrooms enjoy lovely views.
• Low maintenance gardens, mainly laid to lawn.
• Attached garage, plenty of parking
• Gas fired central heating
• Excellent facilities in nearby Selby and York
The house stands well back from the village road behind mature trees and its own grounds. A sweeping gravel drive is accessed through large wrought iron gates, leading to a turning area in front of the house. The barn forms one side of the original Georgian fold yard.
Selby 2 miles, York 16 miles, Leeds 19 miles, M62 6 miles. (Distances approximate)
The village of Burn lies some 16 miles to the south of York and close to Selby, within easy reach of the M62 and M18, thus opening up the motorway network to Hull, Leeds and the commercial centres of West Yorkshire as well as rail connections at Howden and Selby. Burn benefits from an excellent public house and there is a full range of facilities in nearby Selby.
Mains electric, water and gas, septic tank, gas fired central heating.
Fixtures and fittings
Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority: Selby District Council 01757 705101
Photographs & particulars dated: July 2017
Blenkin & Co, the straight-talking agent