A striking and contemporary house designed by an eminent architect, with gardens, garaging and woodland views.
Entrance and staircase hall. wc. cloakroom. kitchen dining/ living room. sitting room. study. utility room
Master bedroom with dressing area and shower room. guest bedroom with en suite shower room. 2 further bedrooms. family bathroom
Double garage. gardens.
Beech House, 2 Wold Croft, Sutton on Derwent, York YO41 4DQ
Beech House has recently undergone a comprehensive extension and refurbishment programme, designed by award winning architects Bramhall Blenkharn, resulting in an impressive modern home finished to a very high standard.
• An open-plan kitchen and dining/living room extends the entire length of the property with 3 bifold doors opening out onto a large patio area for al fresco dining.
• Large double-glazed windows ensure the property is flooded with natural light.
• The sitting room is fitted with a contemporary log burning stove for use on winter evenings.
• Solid mahogany stairs, walnut doors and attractive wood flooring with underfloor heating.
• Neff kitchen appliances including 2 eye level ovens with slide and hide doors and Corian worktops.
• Bathrooms are fitted with Villeroy & Boch furniture, Hansgrohe taps and an Aqualisa digital shower.
Woldcroft is a quiet development of only six private houses. Beech House is set back from the road and occupies a large corner plot with views over woodland.
A generous paved parking area leads to the detached double garage which has an electric door, secure steel side entrance, power and water. The garden is sheltered and easy to maintain with planted borders, lawn and high beech hedging securing a good degree of privacy.
York 8 miles, Pocklington 7miles, Leeds 32 miles. (Distances approximate)
Sutton upon Derwent is a popular and thriving village with impressive facilities: a primary school, church, village hall, post office, tennis club, the woodhouse grange cricket club and a popular pub well-known for excellent food. Neighbouring Elvington has a village shop and doctors’ surgery. There are excellent state and private school opportunities in Escrick, Pocklington and York. Beech House is well placed, only five miles east of the York A64 bypass, making the M1/A1 and M62 readily accessible and York station is an easy commute.
Services: All main services with gas central heating and a pressurised hot water system. Superfast broadband is available.
Local Authority: East Riding of Yorkshire Council 01482 393939
Directions: From the A64 Hull road roundabout take the B1228. Follow this through Elvington and across Sutton bridge. Upon entering the village Woldcroft can be found on the left between the church and the tennis courts.
Photographs and particulars: September 2017
Blenkin & Co, the straight-talking agent