Sandygate House, Sandsend, Whitby
Guide Price £1,500,000
5 bedroom detached house
Standing in substantial gardens within a breathtaking location, this remarkable detached house is one of the best properties on the North Yorkshire coast.
Sandsend is a coastal village on North Yorkshire’s heritage coast known for its long white sandy beach that stretches to Whitby, and its own bay sheltered from the northwest by cliffs. This coastal house with its views and private gardens represents a once in a generation opportunity for an incoming buyer.
- Detached family house of over 2500 sq ft arranged over two floors
- Discreetly situated up a private no-through lane within a quintessential English seaside village
- Elevated outlook towards the sea, the valley and Mulgrave Woods; surely some of the best views in Sandsend?
- Period features include elegant plasterwork and large double glazed windows making the most of the unbelievable views
- Ground floor bedroom with en suite bathroom and under floor heating, with potential to reconfigure the living space
- Utility room has a back door leading to the rear courtyard
- Award winning beach less that 5 minutes’ walk
- Abundantly stocked and beautifully maintained mature garden with sea views
- Parking and garage (rented from Mulgrave Estate)
Sandygate House is set on a third of an acre with panoramic views of the sea and the valley. The surrounding landscaped gardens are filled with a variety of plants and flowers, and the expanses of lawn allow for great outdoor entertainment. There is a large terrace leading off the kitchen/breakfast room through French windows and a quiet, secluded south facing terrace, perfect for sitting out, protected from the sea breeze.
There is a single garage and one parking space, both rented from the Mulgrave Estate.
Sandsend is a small seaside village that neighbours Whitby to the north. In the village itself there are multiple facilities including a gastro pub, superb café, shops, regular bus service and doctors’ surgery. Whitby is a fine old sea-faring town of national renown that sits at the heart of the Heritage Coast surrounded by the glorious scenery of the North York Moors National Park.
Services: All mains services. Gas central heating with new boiler.
EPC Rating: D
Fixtures & Fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Viewing: Strictly by appointment.
Local Authority: Scarborough Borough Council 01723 232323, North York Moors National Park, Sandsend Conservation Area
Directions: Sandygate House is located overlooking the valley. From Whitby, head into Sandsend on the A174, follow the road through Sandsend and up Lythe Bank. Take the second turning on Lythe Bank and Sandygate is on the left hand side roughly 100 yards down.
Photographs and particulars: August/September 2022
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.