Swinton Grange, Malton
7 bedroom detached house
Swinton Grange, set in 46 acres with its own parkland, is believed to be the finest country house in North Yorkshire to be launched onto the open market for a decade or more.
Swinton Grange is a magnificent country house set discreetly within a peaceful stretch of the Howardian Hills just outside the thriving market town of Malton and conveniently located for access to York, Leeds and beyond. The house has an interesting pedigree having been built in 1905 by 1st Lord Rothschild as a wedding gift for his daughter. Formerly part of the substantial Swinton Grange Estate this substantial Edwardian house is now offered with more than 46 acres of outstanding gardens, grounds and mature parkland.
- Edwardian country house of over 15,000 sq ft, not Listed
- Beautifully appointed with luxurious fixtures and fittings
- Superfast broadband cabled to the premises
- Large rooms on both floors giving exceptional country views
- Glorious formal gardens and landscaped grounds and parkland on all sides
- Tennis court overlooking parkland
- Extensive garaging and outbuildings
- Private setting with no public rights of way
- Within the Howardian Hills, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- Just outside Malton with rapid access to York, A64, A1M, York, Leeds and international airports
Principal house: entrance and reception hall, kitchen/dining/living room, 4 reception rooms, study, games room, gym, domestic offices, basement rooms, 7 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, multiple rooms on the second floor
Annexe: kitchen/dining/living room, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, private garden
Gardens, grounds: parkland, extensive terrace, par terre garden, summer house, tennis court, woodland, open garaging, stores, outbuilding & yard, tree-lined drive
Swinton Grange lies just outside Malton on the eastern edge of the Howardian Hills in glorious countryside between the Vale of York, Yorkshire Wolds and the North York Moors. The property is overwhelmingly rural in its setting, five miles from Castle Howard and convenient for Malton (known as Yorkshire’s Food Capital), the historic City of York, the A1M and M62. A superb selection of independent schools lie within easy reach and the railway station at Malton offers a regular service to mainline York Railway Station with direct connections to London Kings Cross, Leeds, Manchester and Liverpool.
EPC rating: F
Services and systems: Mains electricity and water. Private drainage. Biomass boiler.
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Viewing: Strictly by appointment