Detached village house with generous accommodation and 2 acres in a remarkably private setting.
Entrance and staircase hall, wc, cloakroom, 4 reception rooms, kitchen breakfast room, utility room and rear entrance
Master bedroom suite, 3 further bedrooms, house bathroom
Garage block and store with first floor office
Gardens, garden terrace, 2 paddocks, stabling, outbuildings
In all some 2 acres
Freehold for sale
New Grange, Easingwold Road, Huby, York, North Yorkshire YO61 1HJ
New Grange is a beautifully appointed, modern house that has been constructed and designed to appear as if it has been sitting in the landscape for generations. A classic, double fronted, country house built of old clamp bricks with a pantile roof, this family property enjoys many components with its landscaped gardens, stabling, paddocks, outbuildings and garage block.
• Detached family house of more than 2500 sq ft
• Architect designed and constructed some twenty years ago
• Private setting away from the village road - not overlooked
• Ideal south westerly orientation facing the gardens
• Classic internal architectural features and bespoke joinery: architraves, cornicing, ceiling rose, deep skirtings, fireplaces, vaulted ceiling in the garden room and staircase
• High tech: Nu-Heat underfloor heating throughout the ground floor and electric underfloor heating in the bathrooms, pressurized water system, double skinned wall for thermal air flow and ventilation, solar panels
• Travertine flooring in the kitchen, hall, garden room and dining room
• Peter Thompson country kitchen with black granite worktops, Butler sink and Falcon range cooker
• French doors open on to the gardens from the principal reception rooms
• 24 ft double aspect drawing room with French doors on to the terrace and an elegant fireplace designed with stone mantel and electric fire
• Four well proportioned bedrooms all with fitted wardrobes
• Scope to extend the house and upgrade the first floor office/potential guest accommodation above the garage
• Superb village community with good schooling and amenities
• Location offering options and rapid access
The house enjoys a discreet setting and is approached via a long, gravelled drive that sweeps in front of the house and garage, providing a large parking and turning area. The fenced paddocks flank the house, one on the east and the larger one on the west. Alongside the west paddock with its five-bar gate are the stables and outbuildings. The beautiful, sheltered, landscaped gardens predominantly lie to the south of the house, are partly walled and well screened with mature shrubs and trees. The sculpted flower beds are abundantly planted to bring year-long colour.
Easingwold 4 miles, York 10 miles, Boroughbridge 15 miles, Thirsk 16 miles, Harrogate 24 miles, Leeds 35 miles. (Distances approximate)
Huby is a thriving village with many community groups and clubs. There is a local primary school, village store, two pubs, Chinese takeaway, fish & chip shop, village hall and sportsground with football and cricket clubs. Its position north of York is highly convenient being close to Easingwold, the A19 and A1M, giving rapid access to the many towns and cities of the north. The mainline railway station in York can be reached in about half an hour.
Services: Mains water and electricity. Private drainage. The property has solar pv panels and solar thermal heating and hot water. The incoming buyer will inherit the most lucrative tariff made available under the government scheme of the time.
Fixtures & fittings: Items mentioned in these particulars are included. Others may be made available separately.
Local authority: Hambleton District Council.
Photographs and particulars: September 2019
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.