Classic double fronted Grade II Listed Georgian village farmhouse with outbuildings and garden
Entrance and staircase hall, 2 reception rooms, family room, kitchen breakfast room, pantry, 2 wcs, boot room. 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms (2 en suite), separate wc, store/bedroom 6
Garage, laundry, log store, summer house, garden
Dale House, Low Lane, Sawdon, Scarborough YO13 9DX
This is a handsome double fronted Georgian house, formerly a farmhouse, that sits in the heart of this peaceful village, some two miles off the A170 and midway between Scarborough and Pickering. It has been beautifully modernised and updated whilst retaining the integrity of its Georgian heritage. The spacious accommodation, generous room sizes and garden layout make this an ideal fit for a family.
• Detached family house of more than 3000 sq ft arranged over three floors
• Grade II Listed
• Period features abound including the original flagstones in the hall, a wonderful polished handrail on the staircase, working shutters, window seats, exposed brick and stonework, fireplaces including in the bedrooms
• Beautifully proportioned drawing with open fire and oak floorboards
• Wonderful kitchen breakfast room through to dining room creating a 30ft space with lovely wooden floor and southerly orientation
• Very useful pantry, separate wc and boot room with outside access
• Large master bedroom suite with dressing room and bathroom
• All bedrooms are a generous size and there is a useful wc on the third floor
• Store room on the first floor could be a sixth bedroom or home office. There is fast broadband available.
• Contemporary, high specification bathroom fittings
• Attractive, private and well screened family-sized garden with pizza oven
• Lovely views towards the Moors
• Grade II Listed
A block paved drive accessed from Low Lane leads to the garage and outbuildings. At the rear of the house is a charming, gravelled terrace that abuts the house with a log store and pizza oven, sheltered by a beautifully laid dry stone wall. This makes an ideal space for al fresco dining, accessed from the family room. Broad and shallow steps ascend to the main garden which is predominantly laid to lawn and is part walled, and bounded by fencing and hedging. The stretch of lawn is flagged by herbaceous borders and a summer house nestled in the far corner alongside an abundantly planted flowerbed.
Pickering 10 miles, Scarborough 10 miles, Malton 17 miles, York 35 miles. (Distances approximate)
Sawdon is an attractive, unspoilt, rural village that lies midway between Pickering and Scarborough, at the edge of the North York Moors National Park and Heritage Coast. Much of the village lies within a Conservation Area and is characterised by pretty period cottages. In the neighbouring village of Brompton by Sawdon is a highly regarded butcher and village shop, All Saints Church and picturesque Brompton Lake. The A170, some two miles from the village, provides a rapid connection to Scarborough, the market towns of Pickering and Malton, and on to York and beyond via the A64.
Services: Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority: Scarborough Borough Council, North York Moors National Park Authority.
Directions: Dale House can be found in the heart of the village on the corner of Low Lane and Main Street.
Photographs and particulars: January and July 2020
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.