Appealing Edwardian terraced house in a sought-after area close to York city centre
Entrance vestibule and staircase hall, kitchen/dining/living room, utiity room, wc, sitting room.
3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
Courtyard garden, store
Freehold for sale
11 North Parade, Bootham, York YO30 7AB
This Edwardian town house has been sympathetically restored to create a delightful home that retains the architectural character prevalent at the tail end of the nineteenth century. Recently updated with a very successful side return extension, it now has a large and stylish kitchen/dining/living space in the heart of the house as well as a second floor bedroom suite. North Parade is a sought after residential street just a short stroll from the city centre and railway station.
• Terraced town house of nearly 1400 sq ft arranged over 3 floors
• Period features include high ceilings, original decorative tiled flooring, fireplaces, a fine period staircase, cornicing and splendid west facing windows
• Light and airy 26 ft space comprising the kitchen with central island/breakfast bar, Rangemaster cooker, granite worktops, window lights and French doors to the courtyard garden, as well as a generous dining/living area.
• Useful utility room and separate downstairs wc
• Sitting room with wood burning stove and feature half-bay window
• House bathroom with contemporary fixtures and fittings
• Beautifully proportioned principal bedroom with two large west facing windows
• Second floor loft bedroom with en suite shower room
• South east facing, flagged rear courtyard with rear access gate
• Permit parking
• Superb residential corner of York within easy walking distance of the mainline railway station and city centre
York Railway Station and York Minster approximately ½ mile
North Parade is within striking distance of York’s bustling centre, the mainline railway station and the open green spaces and riverside walkways that run along the Ouse. The botanic Museum Gardens with the medieval ruins of St Mary’s Abbey provide a picturesque route on foot into the heart of the city. On the doorstep is a useful Sainsburys Local as well as the independent schools, St Peter’s and Bootham. London, Manchester, Edinburgh and Leeds are all highly accessible by train and the superb London-to-York service provides access to the UK capital in under two hours.
Services: all mains services
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority: City of York 01904 551550
Directions: Heading into York along Clifton/Bootham/A19 turn right on to Queen Anne’s Road, then second right on to North Parade. No. 11 can be found on the left hand side as denoted by the For Sale board. Please note that parking for viewers is available at nearby Marygate carpark.
Photographs and particulars: July 2020
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.