Juniper House, Husthwaite, York
A wonderful house and garden with an outstanding outlook
Entrance and staircase hall, 2 reception rooms, garden room, study, kitchen breakfast room, utility area, wc
Master bedroom with en suite dressing area and bathroom, 4 further bedrooms, 2 further bathrooms (1 en suite)
Gardens to front and rear, double garage, store
Freehold for sale
Juniper House, The Nookin’, Husthwaite, York YO61 4PY
Designed and constructed as a bespoke property some 33 years ago using heritage bricks, this traditional village house enjoys an elevated setting with an open outlook and sweeping views of the Pennines. Husthwaite is a much-loved village not only recognised for its prosperous and thriving community but for its proximity to Easingwold and rapid access to the A19 and A1.
• Large and versatile house of nearly 2500 sq ft
• Good natural light and well proportioned rooms, many with fine views
• Options to extend and a part-boarded loft with ladder and light
• High quality build: constructed using heritage bricks from the York Handmade Brick company, with fully double glazed windows and doors (except Velux)
• Ample storage options including linen cupboard, fitted wardrobes in many bedrooms and a large store area accessed from the garage
• Shaker style fitted kitchen with granite worktops, underfloor heating, and utility area with plumbing alongside
• 23 ft sitting room with rustic beams and an exposed brick fireplace housing a large wood-burning stove with hot plate above
• Fabulous all-season garden room with underfloor heating below quarry tiles, wall-mounted heaters and glorious south westerly views
• Study with bespoke, fitted office furniture
• Useful guest bedroom with en suite (Karndean floor), above the garage
• Bathrooms with digital showers, electric underfloor heating and heated towel rails
• Elevated, open setting and far reaching views to Penhill near the mouth of Wensleydale
• Thirsk railway station on the East Coast mainline is within a 20 minutes’ drive
A paved drive with an ample parking/turning area leads to the double garage and store with two electric doors, power and light. The house is set back and well screened behind a mixed hedge and generous sized lawned garden. To the rear lies a traditional cottage garden comprising a romantic assortment of spring bulbs, annuals, perennials, flowering shrubs and climbers with a Red Sycamore standing sentinel. The elevated, paved terrace and garden with rockery are designed to take full advantage of the glorious south west orientation, with open outlook across pastures and rolling hills towards the Pennines.
Easingwold 3½ miles, Thirsk and railway station 10 miles, A1 12 miles, York 17 miles, Leeds 40 miles, Durham Tees Valley 33 miles, Leeds Bradford 40 miles. (Distances approximate)
Husthwaite is a prosperous village on a bus route with a primary school, excellent pub, pretty village green, twelfth century church, and thriving village hall. It has an enviable location: the Georgian market town of Easingwold is a few minutes’ drive away; the City of York lies to the south, the A1 to the west; two international airports are within easy reach; and the East Coast mainline runs at Thirsk and York. There are good state and private schooling options within easy reach, and excellent gourmet dining pubs including the Michelin starred Black Swan in Oldstead just four miles away.
Services: Mains water, electricity and drainage. Oil-fired central heating
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority: Hambleton District 01609 779977 Conservation area.
Directions: The Nookin runs in a southerly direction from the green in the heart of the village. Juniper House can be found on the right hand side as the road rises up the hill.
Photographs and particulars: March 2020
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.