Exceptional modern house of more than 3000 sq ft with a generous family garden and fine views towards the hills.
Entrance and staircase hall, kitchen/dining room with living area, utility room, cloakroom/wc, sitting room, study. Master bedroom suite, 4 further double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (1 en suite), single bedroom/cot room
Attached garage (currently store/gym), off street parking, gardens
12 Thornton Heights, Thornton le Dale, Pickering YO18 7QZ
No. 12 Thornton Heights is the stand-out property within this prestigious 2016 residential development having the largest garden and highest specification. Built for and designed by the developer of Thornton Heights, this superb, family-sized, detached house has all the benefits of a bespoke, new-build but with the advantage of a large plot and superb outlook across the Wolds. Thornton Heights is situated in a quiet residential enclave on the eastern edge of the picturesque village of Thornton le Dale.
• Large detached family house of more than 3000 sq ft arranged over three floors
• Contemporary property with oak porch and traditional stone quoins
• High specification throughout: Rako Smart Lighting controls, surround sound speaker system, Cat5 network, Schuller Next125 German kitchen following the Bauhaus concept, new technology Ideal Vogue S26 Gen2 System Boiler, internal oak doors and underfloor heating throughout the ground floor
• At the heart of the home is the superb kitchen/dining room with living area, a large light and bright open plan space with a roof lantern and two sets of bi-fold doors that extend full width and open on to the garden terrace.
• Contemporary high specification kitchen includes an island with induction hob, breakfast bar, larder cupboard with retractable doors, Neff appliances, two ovens, microwave oven, two integrated dishwashers, Belfast sink, larder fridge, wine fridge and larder freezer
• Utility room with full-height cupboards and rear access to garden
• Elegant, carpeted sitting room with cornicing, and feature fireplace
• Study with hardwood timber flooring and a bespoke fitted office unit
• Two double height bedroom suites. The master bedroom includes a bathroom with underfloor heating and a bespoke, walk-in fitted dressing room.
• Ample storage options, ideal for a family, included fitted wardrobes
• Contemporary bathrooms with Duavit sanitaryware
• Generous ceiling heights to all floors
• The attached garage has been partially converted into a gym and separate bike store, but could easily be reinstated. It has an up and over door, power and light.
• Superb edge of village location, good access
To the front is a small, landscaped area of lawn bounded by young hedging, with a drive and parking spaces in front of the garage. A side access with gate leads to the large rear garden which faces south east, is lawned and sits predominantly behind the house and to the east, fenced and bounded by a laurel hedge. A paved terrace sweeps across the rear of the property with a separate terrace at the far corner. There is an outdoor tap, and far-reaching rural views across open countryside to the Yorkshire Wolds.
Pickering 3 miles, Malton 9 miles, Scarborough 14 miles, Helmsley 15 miles, York 27 miles. (Distances approximate)
Thornton le Dale lies on the southern fringe of the North York Moors alongside Dalby Forest. It is one of the most picturesque villages in North Yorkshire with a thriving community and a range of superb amenities including pubs, primary school, bakers, chemist, independent shops, cafes and restaurants. Local sports amenities include cricket, football, squash and a bowling green. There are high performing state and private schools in the area, and the nearby market town of Pickering provides all the attractions of an established market town.
Rapid access to York, Leeds and the motorway network is via the A64, some seven miles away. From Malton Railway Station there are connections to London/Scotland from the mainline service at York. West along the A170 is the A1. A local bus service connects to Scarborough, Whitby, York, Leeds, Tadcaster and Sutton Bank.
Services: Mains gas, water and electricity. Gas fired central heating boiler.
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority: Ryedale District Council 01653 600666
Directions: From the centre of Thornton le Dale take the village road east (A170). On the brow of the hill, take a right turn down Hurrell Lane and a first left into Thornton Heights. No. 12 is at the far right hand corner.
Photographs and particulars: February 2020
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.