This superb two bedroom, first floor apartment is within Bootham House, a boutique residential development of fourteen luxury units in the heart of Bootham, the historic approach into York. Six units have now been reserved. Apartment 3 is accessed by a lift.
York Railway Station and York Minster approximately ½ mile
Bootham House, Bootham, York, North Yorkshire YO30 7BZ
This boutique residential development sits on the southern side of Bootham, a fine Georgian thoroughfare and ancient gateway into the City of York dating back some 2000 years. Bootham House stands proudly on the corner of Bootham and Marygate from where it delivers a superb view of York Minster in all its Gothic glory.
• Landmark residential site in one of the favoured corners of the city
• Just outside the medieval city walls in the heart of York
• Fine vistas include York Minster, eighteenth century Bootham, Marygate Tower and the old Benedictine Abbey walls dating from the Middle Ages
• Short and pleasant stroll to mainline York Railway Station
• Easy walking distance of St Peter’s School, Bootham and The Mount
• The Museum Gardens, green open spaces and riverside walkways are nearby
• York is a gigabit City - High speed Broadband
Design Specification Finish
Every property at Bootham House is individual and enjoys the benefit of bespoke design under the watchful eye of an interior designer. Top of the range fittings and stylish design features have been selected to complement the interior spaces. The contemporary kitchens combine functionality with elegance, the latest fully-integrated appliances, soft closing technology and boiling-water taps. The bathrooms have electric underfloor heating and include frameless shower enclosures, tiled floors, concealed cisterns, towel rails, PIR floor wash lighting and matt black fittings.
• Each property bespoke and individual
• Boutique hotel style entrance to the apartments
• Lift to all first, second and third floor apartments
• High specification and high end brands
• Good ceiling heights and sound insulation
The historic City of York needs no introduction. Surrounded by medieval city walls with a magnificent Gothic cathedral and twelfth century Norman castle, this city takes centre stage in the annals of British history. It is also a thriving modern metropolis with a flourishing café culture, restaurants, bars, world class galleries, theatres and museums. Moreover the city enjoys superb road links and rail connections.
Bootham House lies within striking distance of York’s bustling centre, the mainline railway station and the open green spaces and riverside walkways that run along the Ouse. The botanic Museum Gardens with the medieval ruins of St Mary’s Abbey lie adjacent, providing a picturesque route on foot into the heart of the city. On the doorstep is a useful Sainsburys Local as well as the highly regarded independent schools, St Peter’s and Bootham.
An exceptional road and national rail network makes York a popular location for businesses and home owners alike with London, Manchester, Edinburgh and Leeds all highly accessible and the superb London-to-York service providing access to the UK capital in under two hours. Leeds Bradford and Manchester international airports serve the city.
Services: All mains services
Management: Ground Rent: Peppercorn
Service Charge: Calculated as a proportionate share
Tenure: Apartments and The Mews Virtual Freehold with a 999 year lease. The Cottage is Freehold