A landmark contemporary lifestyle house with superb living space and glorious views of the North York Moors
Entrance and staircase hall, 2 reception rooms, kitchen breakfast room with balcony, dining area, utility room, cinema room, games room with store room, 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms (2 en suite), separate wc
Double garage, terrace, garden
Freehold for sale
Grandeview, 58a Carr Hill Lane, Briggswath, Whitby, North Yorkshire YO21 1RS
Grandeview is a large, contemporary house remarkable for its individuality, creative styling and quality of finish.
Constructed some ten years ago to exacting standards under the watchful eye of the current owners, this property remains as exciting and modern as ever. Designed with a luxurious lifestyle in mind, its grand terrace and balconies are connected to the living areas and every one enjoys a glorious outlook with panoramic views of the North York Moors. The light-filled interiors and beautifully designed outside space take full advantage of the glorious hillside setting and southerly orientation.
• Detached and versatile family house of 3880 sq ft arranged over four floors
• South facing orientation to the rear with breath-taking views from most windows
• Luxurious fixtures and fittings, underfloor heating on the ground and lower ground floors and high ceilings
• Eco house economical to run: solar pv panels, air heat source pump, heat ventilation recovery system
• Bespoke, high specification, contemporary kitchen breakfast room opening to a balcony with artificial grass and far reaching views to the Moors visible through the glass balustrade. The kitchen is open plan to the dining area with the sitting room alongside, potentially creating a huge entertaining space.
• Two double pocket doors enable the first floor to change from open plan living throughout the ground floor to snug in one easy movement.
• The 24 ft sitting room has bifold doors connecting to the south facing decking area with sunken hot tub and views beyond.
• Double height entrance with bespoke curved staircase and LED lighting on the stair treads
• The self-contained lower ground floor is the entertainment area: the cinema room has nine reclining seats; the games room has port hole windows; the large garden room has French doors leading onto a private terrace; there is a useful second kitchen and shower room.
• The master bedroom wraps around the south and west elevations with a full height picture window, double height ceilings, walk-in wardrobe and en suite bathroom.
• Magnificent main bathroom with a super sized Roca bath on legs with lighting under, a double vanity unit and double shower
• The second floor bedroom suite sits atop the house with a part-glazed roof, wraparound windows and balcony providing a remarkable crow’s nest view.
There is a driveway area in front of the house giving access to a double garage with electric door, power and light, and offering parking for multiple vehicles. The house is detached with access to the rear on both sides of the property. The garden is skilfully landscaped; it wraps around the house but lies predominantly to the rear, facing south with glorious views. There is a wonderful area for al fresco dining and entertaining comprising a series of terraces including the eco decking that connects to the sitting room, and a large paved patio area with a sunken hot tub and sheltered by a glass balustrade. Beyond lies an area of lawned garden, and all is bounded by a 7ft perimeter timber fence.
Whitby 2.5 miles, Scarborough 20 miles, Pickering 20 miles, Malton 28 miles, Middlesborough 29 miles, York 46 miles. (Distances approximate)
Briggswath is a quiet hamlet of houses and an historic Wesleyan chapel that nestle together into the steep hill side with southerly views across the Esk Valley. Part of the parish of Eskdaleside-cum-Ugglebarnby it is named after one of the medieval bridges over the Esk. Briggswath sits alongside its far busier neighbour, Sleights, an exceptionally well-served village with a wide range of shops, post office, primary school, church and doctor's surgery. Highlands is the highest house in Briggswath and the closest to Whitby, a lovely sea-faring town of national renown with a wealth of shops and high quality restaurants. Whitby sits at the heart of the Heritage Coast surrounded by the glorious scenery of the North York Moors National Park.
Services: Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Solar pv panels (highest tariff), air heat source pump, heat ventilation recovery system
Fixtures & fittings: Items mentioned in these particulars are included. Others may be made available separately
Local authority: Scarborough Borough Council 01653 232323
Directions: On the A171 from Pickering, head through the village of Sleights, over the bridge and half mile up the road see the signpost to Briggswath. Turn right here on to Carr Hill Lane and descend down the hill to Grandeview, the second house on the left.
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Photographs and particulars: June 2020
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.