An attractive village house near York with a rural setting, stabling and land
Entrance and staircase hall, kitchen/dining/living room, sitting room, study, 4 double bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
Garden, outbuildings, garage block, 2 stables, 2 paddocks, woodland
In all some 3 acres
Freehold for sale
Wold View, Stamford Bridge Road, Sand Hutton, York YO41 1LB
This is an opportunity to acquire a renovated and extended property with land enjoying a rural setting in a village location just outside York. Wold View has been entirely remodelled and updated since 2016 creating a superb, nearly-new, family sized house with stabling, paddocks and views.
• Detached house of 2235 sq ft with three acres
• Equestrian facilties – stabling and paddocks
• This is a practical country home with a large utility room, ground floor wc, boot room with rear access and ample storage options throughout.
• Solid oak flooring throughout the ground floor and a solid oak staircase
• At the heart of the home is a 24 ft kitchen/dining/living room with full-width bifold doors opening on to the paved stone terrace. This Smith Brothers fitted country kitchen has a ceramic tile floor, Rangemaster electric over with induction hob and Franke 1½ bowl ceramic sink with pewter mixed taps.
• Well proportioned sitting room with wood burning stove and bifold doors opening on to the garden terrace
• Study/office ideal for home-working - with superfast broadband
• Useful ground floor bedroom and bathroom creating potential for an annexe
• Spanning the full depth of the house, a master bedroom and bathroom with dressing room and French doors opening west on to a Juliette balcony
• Two first floor double bedrooms with fitted walk-in wardrobes, sharing a Jack & Jill en suite shower room
• Contemporary bathroom fittings throughout including Lefroy Brooks and La Chapelle sanitaryware
• Windows, roof, plumbing, electrics all dating from 2016
• Current planning permission in place to build an orangery
• Private setting – no visible neighbours and not overlooked – with glorious, far reaching, rural views
• Within a popular village some ten minutes’ drive from York
The property is approached via a long, shared, gravelled drive (some 250 metres from Stamford Bridge Road to the entrance gate) that sweeps in front of the house providing ample parking and turning. There is a large, brick-built, triple bay garage with adjoining workshop, both with power and light. To the rear of the house lies the garden, a paved terrace and decked area. The garden is predominantly laid to lawn with an herbaceous border, some mature shrubs and trees, and a wonderful outlook. To the north lies a larger paddock (some 1.75 acres) and, beyond, an area of mature woodland. The main paddock has a small copse, a beck, a field shelter, water and electricity. It is accessed from the stable block (2 stables, power and light) by a hardcore track some 50 metres in length.
York 8 miles, Leeds 30 miles, Leeds Bradford airport about an hour’s drive. (Distances and time approximate)
Sand Hutton lies just off the A64 just north east of York, nestled between the Yorkshire Wolds and the Howardian Hills. It offers rapid access to the city, to the market town of Malton and, via the York by-pass, to the A1, Leeds and Leeds Bradford Airport. The village is a prosperous and thriving community with a highly regarded primary school, a children’s playgroup, St Mary’s Parish Church, a village hall and green. Vangarde retail park with John Lewis and neighbouring Monks Cross can be reached in ten minutes by car.
Mains water, electricity and LPG gas. Private drainage.
Fixtures and fittings
Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Ryedale District Council 01653 600666
The drive is shared between three parties and the owners of Wold View have guaranted access and are responsible for their share of maintenance.
Directions: Head into Sand Hutton and drive through the village past the school. Take the Stamford Bridge Road and the drive is the third on the right.
Photographs and particulars: June 2020
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.