27 The Mount, Malton, North Yorkshire
Outstanding family house in the heart of one of North Yorkshire’s finest market towns with its railway station and onward connection from York to London in 1 hour 50 minutes.
Entrance vestibule, staircase hall, 3 reception rooms, kitchen breakfast room, utility room, cloakroom/wc
Cinema room and store
5 double bedroom suites, playroom/storage. Office/gym.
Large garage, garden store, covered barbeque area, terraces, gardens
Freehold for sale
No. 27 is a magnificent Gothic Revival Victorian villa that enjoys an elevated position at the head of The Mount, the finest residential street in Malton.
This Grade II Listed detached residence has been skillfully restored to its original 1860s splendour, retaining its architectural treasures and wealth of character, and drawing on hand-picked reclaimed materials to produce
Evident throughout No. 27 are the exacting standards expected of a luxurious 2020 home including a kitchen/dining/living room connected to the garden terrace through bifold doors, a large home office, and a third floor that would suit a nanny or make an ideal refuge for teens.
• Substantial and versatile family house of over 3500 sq ft arranged over three floors
• Detached, set back, elevated, well screened and surrounded by beautiful gardens
• Superb architectural detail includes: five-light bay window, pointed arch windows with trefoil heads; pointed double-chamfered doorway with elaborate wrought-iron hinges; scalloped bargeboards with delicate wooden trim; original Victorian gothic fish scale roof tiles; original Victorian decorative floor hall tiles; traditional wrought-iron gates with intercom.
• Traditional interior features abound such as cornice, ceiling rose, deep skirting, picture rails, bay windows and fireplaces
• High specification throughout including: newly fitted, handmade, double-glazed traditional sash and casement windows; marble surround Chesney fireplace with gas fitting; Chesney stove with gas fire; spotlights; superb bathroom fixtures and fittings including Villeroy & Boch and Duravit;, new boiler and heating system with a seven year guarantee; re-wired throughout; new flooring throughout, CCTV and alarm system
• A family house with ample storage options on every floor
• The dining kitchen has two islands, Silestone worktops, integrated Neff dishwasher, integrated sink with drainer grooves, 3 in 1 Quooker boiling water tap, two integrated Neff slide & hide ovens, two integrated Neff tall fridge and freezer, Neff Induction hob and integrated extractor. There is a contemporary electric fireplace, and bi-fold doors open west on to a large York stone terrace with gardens beyond.
• Well-proportioned ground and first floor rooms include two formal front reception rooms with distinguished four- and five-light bay windows facing south and east respectively
• Formal dining room with contemporary electric fire
• Superb cinema/media room with useful store room alongside
• Large home office has first floor booster (fibre broadband to The Mount)
• Wired for TV and Sky with internet boosters to ensure coverage throughout the house
• Decorative lantern rooflight allowing natural light to pour into the stairway and landing
• All bedrooms have en suite bathrooms, and all bathrooms include underfloor heating, de-mist mirrors, power showers and heated towel rails.
• Second floor lends itself well to nanny accommodation or would make an ideal retreat for older children
• Superb landscaped gardens abundantly planted for year-round screening and colour
• Views to the Yorkshire Wolds from the first and second floors
• Ready for occupation with no onward chain
Grand wrought-iron, electric gates (2.4m high) open to a wide gravel drive with a turning area that sweeps around to the large double garage with electric door. The garage gives access to the rear entrance of the principal house and provides a stairway to the home office above. The landscaped gardens lie to all sides, and include a generous area of manicured lawn and a renovated brick and stone outbuilding incorporating a built, covered barbeque with a York stone terrace and lockable garden store. Yew and Laurel hedging give structure and provide screening, and the garden is fully dog proof and secured by new fencing. There are raised beds and lavishly planted herbaceous borders with well chosen new plantings throughout as well as mature shrubs and trees.
York 18 miles, John Lewis and Vangarde Retail Park 16 miles, Scarborough 25 miles, Leeds 35 miles. (Distances approximate)
The picturesque Georgian market town of Malton has a national reputation as Yorkshire’s Food Capital with its independent shops, cafes and restaurants, artisan food producers and brewers, food market and Food Lovers Festival. Local amenities include a community hospital, doctors’ surgery, tennis courts, swimming pool, gyms, cinema and good schooling. Malton Railway Station lies within a five minute stroll from The Mount offering direct links to the coast, to mainline York and on to Leeds, London, Liverpool and Manchester Airport. The A64 bypasses the town and provides excellent road links east and west. This easily accessible corner of North Yorkshire has it all; the historic city of York, the North York Moors, Castle Howard, David Hockney’s Yorkshire Wolds and The Heritage Coast are all on the doorstep.
Services: All mains services
Local authority: Ryedale District Council 01653 600666
Heritage category: Listed Grade II. Conservation Area
Photographs and particulars: Summer 2020
NB: Google map images is not a current nor a true representation.