Yew Tree House, Chapel Green, Appleton Roebuck, York YO23 7DP
A much-loved family home in a superb village near York with rapid access to Leeds
Entrance vestibule, 3 reception rooms, kitchen breakfast room, utility room, ground floor shower room
4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
Garden, first floor terraced balcony, brick store, garden shed
Freehold for sale
Yew Tree House has been occupied by the current owners for the past 32 years and has served as a much loved family home in that time. Tucked away from the village road and fronting Chapel Green, the property offers beautiful views across the green itself and more so from the first floor terrace balcony above. With no onward chain, Yew Tree House offers fabulous family accommodation in a prime village position.
Appleton Roebuck derives its name in part from Anglo Saxon meaning ‘a farm where apple trees grew’ and in part from Rabuk, its fourteenth century owner. This is a property ideally suited to the needs of a discerning buyer looking for a wonderful family house, in a highly convenient village with good amenities and well located for rapid access to York and Leeds.
· Detached family house of 2008 sq ft with garden and ample private parking
· Prime village location
· Welcoming entrance into family room via double doors offering space for flexible uses (currently a music room and home office)
· Large reception space incorporating formal dining and a sitting room with triple aspect windows and feature fireplace
· Kitchen breakfast room with plentiful storage, workspace and dining
· Spacious and useful utility room with additional shower room/wc and access to the rear garden; perfect for dog owners and muddy boots
· Master bedroom with views over the village green, built-in wardrobes and en suite bathroom
· Three further double bedrooms, two with built-in storage
· Spacious newly fitted family bathroom
· Two of the bedrooms offer double doors out to the first-floor sun terrace with beautiful views across the green
· Partially boarded attic space giving scope to expand the accommodation further (subject to the necessary consents being approved)
· Superb south facing orientation and lovely gardens
The house is set back from the main country road and fronts Chapel Green. A shared driveway sweeps around to the side of the house and in addition, gives access to parking at the front. There is integral storage together with a new timber shed and a log store. To the front of Yew Tree House is a paved terrace from which the current owners enjoy a wonderful south facing vista of the village green.
The rear garden has been skillfully landscaped and is bounded by a timber fence and rendered walls. There is a manicured lawn together with low maintenance planting and two paved terraced areas provide perfect sunny spots for al fresco dining and entertaining.
A64 3 miles, Bishopthorpe 3 miles, Copmanthorpe 4 miles, Tadcaster 5 miles, York 7 miles, Leeds 22 miles. (Distances approximate)
The village of Appleton Roebuck lies to the south of the A64 trunk road offering easy access to York, the A1, Leeds, the business centres of West Yorkshire and beyond. There are good local facilities including two public houses, church, a small rural filling station/repair shop, tennis club, bus service and pre-school, primary school in the village, and Tadcaster Grammar lies within its catchment. York Designer Outlet, and the shopping outlets at Vangarde, Monks Cross and Clifton Moor are easily accessed via the ring road, and York city centre lies a short drive to the north.
Services: Mains water, electricity and drainage. Oil fired central heating and hot water.
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority: Selby District Council 01757 705101
Directions: From the York-Leeds A64 take the turning signposted Tadcaster/Colton/Appleton Roebuck. Follow the road signs into Appleton Roebuck and drive through the village Main Street and take the turning towards the Shoulder of Mutton. Turn right in front of the pub and Yew Tree House will be seen at the very end of the private road facing towards the village green and identified by the Blenkin & Co for sale board.
Photographs and particulars: June 2020
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.