Church Farm, Rillington, Malton
Handsome Georgian farmhouse set in a popular village midway between York and Scarborough
Entrance lobby, 3 reception rooms, kitchen, utility room, study/home office, lobby, cloakroom/wc, 4 bedrooms, house bathroom
Front and rear gardens, store/outhouse, garage, ample parking
Freehold for sale
Church Farm, 8 Westgate, Rillington, Malton YO17 8LN
This fine Georgian property has been the much-loved home for three consecutive generations of the same family. Restored and modernised it now offers light and spacious family accommodation whilst retaining many characterful features associated with its eighteenth century origins. Church Farm lies in the heart of a thriving North Yorkshire village just north of the market town of Malton, and offers rapid access to York and beyond.
• Family house of more than 2000 sq ft arranged over two floors
• Grade II listed and dating circa 1749 - period features include exposed beams, quarry tiled floor and fireplaces (not working but can be reinstated)
• Well-proportioned country kitchen including an oven with induction hob, built-in fridge and dishwasher, and stable door to the garden. The adjacent utility room is well-appointed and houses the boiler.
• The useful study/home office has a side lobby and wc off, and we are advised that the property has fast broadband.
• Versatile ground floor accommodation includes three good-sized reception rooms
• Ideal for a family, this property has ample built-in storage to both floors, a large bathroom, superb enclosed rear garden and lies within a thriving village with family friendly facilities.
• Very convenient for access to York and the A64/A1M, as well as Dalby Forest/the North York Moors and coast.
Set well back from the road, the property is approached via a shared driveway. There is some parking to the front as well as a bounded area of lawn with an attractive walled boundary to one side and sheltered terraced area. To the rear is the principal garden, predominantly laid to lawn with herbaceous borders and two paved areas positioned to take full advantage of the sun and perfect for al fresco dining. The whole is fenced and secure making it ideal for small children or pets. The newly built garage with light, power and space for a workshop is accessed at the rear via a gravel drive and 5-bar gate. There is also a sizeable and useful brick-built store/outhouse.
Malton 5 miles, York 18 miles, Scarborough 18 miles.
Rillington is a highly accessible village, situated between York and Scarborough. It lies only five miles from Malton, a handsome Georgian market town which has gained national recognition as Yorkshire’s Food Capital and has the advantage of a railway station linking to the mainline service at York. Rillington itself boasts many facilities including a butcher, doctors’ surgery, primary school, nursery, two public houses, post office with a convenience store, church, active village hall, hairdressers, garage and a fish & chip shop. There is a regular bus service from the village, which includes a school bus service to the secondary schools in Malton and Norton, and also to York College.
Services: Mains water, electricity and drainage. Oil central heating.
Fixtures and fittings
Carpets are included. Other items, including freestanding kitchen furniture etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local Authority: Ryedale District Council 01653 600666
Directions: Entering the village of Rillington coming from the Malton direction, Church Farm can be seen on the left, directly opposite the butcher’s shop, identified by the Blenkin & Co For Sale sign.
Photographs and particulars dated: Oct 2019 and July 2020