A superb family house in a highly sought-after village location close to York. Best & Final bids sought Monday 10th May, 5pm.
Entrance lobby, dining kitchen, utility room, WC, large drawing/dining room, garden room
4 bedrooms with master en-suite, study, family bathroom
Garden, terrace, double garage and store, ample parking and turning space
Mayfield, Sandy Lane, Stockton on the Forest, York, YO32 9US
Mayfield is a substantial, double-fronted detached house dating from 1770. It sits at the heart of this very popular and highly sought-after village just north of York. A programme of sympathetic renovation has recently been completed to create a superb period property with all the conveniences of modern day family living.
• Detached family house of nearly 2400 sq ft arranged over two floors
• Southerly orientation at the rear over the garden
• Wonderful hand-built Neptune Chichester kitchen with quartz work surfaces, gas-powered triple oven Aga, island with breakfast bar and integrated wine cooler, integrated dishwasher and microwave, American-style fridge-freezer
• Utility room off the kitchen with hand-built units, quartz worktop, large coat cupboard, door to back garden; separate wc.
• Very spacious, light and airy drawing room with open dining area to the side, an oak-beamed fireplace with wood-burning stove and stone-flagged hearth. Oak double doors lead to the garden room.
• Large garden room with bi-fold doors opening south on to the sunny stone-flagged terrace with views of the long private garden and fields beyond
• Principal bedroom with en suite shower room, waterfall shower and tiled floor
• Three further double bedrooms, two with built-in wardrobes
• Family bathroom with double sinks and roll-top bath
• Useful study or cot room/nursery
• High quality fittings such as cast-iron-style radiators, six-panelled oak doors, oak floorboards in the reception area, tiled limestone flooring in the kitchen and utility area.
• Very private rear garden with open outlook across fields beyond
• Well located in the heart of this popular suburban village with multiple amenities to hand
• No onward chain - ready for immediate occupation
Wrought-iron electric gates open to an exceptionally large drive with ample space for the turning and parking of multiple vehicles, giving access to a large brick-built double garage on the western boundary with electric up and over doors, and a large boarded loft space above. The south-east facing garden is predominantly a large expanse of lawn bounded by high, mature hedges. Beyond are wonderful open views across fields. A large flagged terrace wraps around the house giving day-long sunshine. The garage and store have an electric and water supply.
City of York 4 miles, Harrogate 26 miles, Leeds 30 miles, A1 20 miles. (Distances approximate)
The leafy residential village of Stockton on the Forest lies just north-east of the city centre, and offers easy access to the outer ring road, the A64 trunk road towards Leeds, the A1M and beyond. There is a regular bus service into York connecting the village with mainline rail services at York (giving rapid access to London King’s Cross, Edinburgh, Manchester, Manchester Airport and Liverpool). The village has its own primary school, pub and is just a ten minute drive from the Vanguard and Monks Cross shopping centres, home to many popular stores such as John Lewis, Marks and Spencer and Sainsbury’s.
Services: All mains services.
Fixtures and fittings
Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority: City of York 01904 551550
Mayfield lies on Sandy Lane, which is a continuation of the main street running through the centre of the village. Coming from York, Mayfield can be found on the right hand side just beyond the centre of the village behind a low brick wall with iron railings. ‘Mayfield’ signs are set in the brick pillars at either side of the gates.
Photographs and particulars: July 2020