Delightful Georgian house in the heart of a much loved village with garden and countryside views.
Entrance and staircase hall, 2 reception rooms, kitchen/dining/living room, utility room, boot room, wc,
5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, dressing room
York stone terrace, garden with elevated views, brick built store, garden shed, brick potting shed.
Danetree, Church Lane, Crayke YO61 4TE
This distinguished, detached, eighteenth century house lies on Church Hill, one of the most revered village streets in the Hambleton Hills. It’s easy to see why; from its elevated position on the legendary ‘Grand old Duke of York’ hill are far-reaching views across the Vale of York. Danetree House has been sympathetically extended and restored over the years, its classical proportions complimented by a bespoke rear extension which provides free-flowing living space integrating a superb kitchen and dining/living space. The accommodation is versatile with up to five bedrooms possible and a back staircase providing direct access to the top floor.
• Double fronted grade II listed detached Georgian house of 2329 sq ft with substantial ground floor rear extension
• Period features include sash windows, an original bread oven, open fireplaces on two floors and charming cottage and cupboard doors with traditional latches.
• Vaulted open plan kitchen/dining/living space extending to almost 40 feet with open fireplace and two sets of French doors opening on to the garden
• Water-based underfloor heating throughout the modern extension
• Contemporary, luxury kitchen has an island with induction hob and breakfast bar, and is fitted with numerous Miele appliances including 2 ovens, 2 fridges, dishwasher, beer fridge, coffee machine, steamer and plate warmer
• Ideal for homeworking with the 5th bedroom able to be utilised as a study overlooking the garden - superfast broadband with fibre optic to the property and ethernet connection in every room
• Practical family house - large and well fitted utility room again with Miele appliances washing machine and tumble dryer, separate boot room and wc
• Charming reception rooms in the original eighteenth century house
• Principal bedroom suite with large bespoke dressing room and bathroom
• Superbly constructed top floor room with a good head height, and plumbing for a bath and shower. It is independently accessed by a wide back staircase.
• Ample storage options throughout, ideal for a family
• Glorious southerly views across the Vale of York from the upper windows
The sheltered gardens sit at the rear of the house and catch the the sun throughout the day. They are a series of terraces on three levels including paving, cobbles and stretches of lawn all giving wonderful views to the far hills. There is garden lighting and a brick built outbuilding with power and light. The whole is bounded by a low brick wall and timber fencing. There is an alleyway alongside the property that provides access into the garden via a garden gate and double timber gates providing possible parking for a small car.
Easingwold 2 miles, Helmsley 12½ miles, York 15 miles. (Distances approximate)
The perennially popular village of Crayke has an ‘Outstanding’ primary school and an award-winning gastro pub, The Durham Ox. There is also a modern sports and social club and neighbouring cricket field. The more substantial Georgian market town of Easingwold lies a short drive away, providing a much more extensive range of independent shops and amenities, as well as easy access to the A19/A1M and York to the south.
Services: Mains water, electricity and drainage, oil fired central heating.
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority: Hambleton District 01609 779977
Directions: Drive into the heart of the old village from Easingwold and turn left into Church Lane. Danetree can be seen on the right hand side, behind the village green.
Photographs and particulars: August 2020
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.