South Villa, Sandsend, Whitby, North Yorkshire
Appealing Victorian house with outstanding setting on the North Yorkshire coast.
Entrance and staircase hall, kitchen breakfast room, sitting room, wc
4 bedrooms, house bathroom
Views across the bay, Beach a few steps away
Freehold for sale
South Villa, East Row, Sandsend, Whitby, North Yorkshire YO21 3SY
Sandsend is a coastal village on North Yorkshire’s heritage coast known for its long white sandy beach that stretches to Whitby, and its own bay sheltered from the northwest by cliffs. South Villa sits in the heart of this much-loved and thriving village, elevated from the road and with extraordinary, sweeping views across the entire bay. The setting is remarkable; just a few steps from the front door lies Sandsend’s beautiful sandy beach.
• Victorian semi detached house arranged over three floors
• Period features include high ceilings, bay window, interior doors, staircase with polished handrail, ornate plasterwork, wooden panelling, and working fireplace
• Recently updated with new electrics, new flooring, and a new heating system with a Combi boiler
• Wonderful 27ft informal living space on the ground floor incorporating the kitchen open plan to the large living area with engineered mellow oak floor boards throughout, all flooded with natural light from the bay window
• Brand new fitted kitchen with integrated Bosch appliances including dishwasher, washing machine/dryer, fridge freezer, and large island with breakfast bar seating eight
• Living room with wood-burning stove and bay window providing a south easterly outlook across the bay
• Stylish contemporary house bathroom with large bath, separate shower and heated towel rail
• Two large double bedrooms on the first floor, both with sinks and one with seaside views
• Jaw-dropping, panoramic views through the large dormer window in the second floor bedroom
• Versatile accommodation - bedroom 2 could be converted into an en suite bathroom making a magnificent second floor bedroom suite
• Multiple village amenities within a short stroll and open year round
• Ideal as a holiday let or airbnb
• There is a public car park some fifty yards from the property. NB we have been advised by the client that the Mulgrave Estate may be contacted regarding residents’ parking options.
Whitby 2 miles, Scarborough 20 miles, Malton 30 miles (Malton Railway Station has a connection to the London mainline at York), York 48 miles. (Distances approximate)
Sandsend is a small seaside village that neighbours Whitby to the north. In the village itself there are multiple facilities including a gastro pub, the Yorkshire Coast’s first Michelin star restaurant, a superb café, shops, regular bus service and doctors’ surgery. South Villa overlooks the pretty beck that runs from Mulgrave Woods into the bay with its lovely beach and views of Whitby. Whitby is a fine old sea-faring town of national renown that sits at the heart of the Heritage Coast surrounded by the glorious scenery of the North York Moors National Park.
Services: All mains services. Gas central heating.
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority: Scarborough Borough Council 01723 232323, North York Moors National Park, Sandsend Conservation Area
Directions: South Villa lies in an elevated position on the A174 coast road from Whitby. Cross the bridge at Sandsend and the property can be seen almost immediately on the left, the right hand of a pair of white washed houses.
Photographs and particulars: October 2020
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.