Modern townhouse with garage and garden, close to York city centre
Entrance hall, cloakroom, kitchen dining room, study, 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, sitting room, balcony, landscaped courtyard garden, garage with store
Freehold for sale
3 Heworth Parade, Mill Lane, Heworth, York YO31 7AA
This stylish, modern York city townhouse was constructed with energy efficiency in mind: there is a heat recovery system, triple glazing, enhanced insulation, rainwater harvesting and solar panels. The rooms are generously sized with a well-designed layout arranged
over three floors and its superb central location is made all the more appealing given the welcome addition of a garage and garden.
• Traditional terraced townhouse circa 2015
• Energy efficient – low running costs; HIVE controls over heating and some lights
• Engineered oak flooring throughout the ground floor and ample bespoke storage on ground and first floor, and easy-access boarded loft
• 22ft open plan kitchen dining room with bifold doors opening on to the rear garden
• Contemporary fitted kitchen with silestone worktops and integrated appliances include a built-in fridge freezer, washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, induction hob, slide and hide oven, steam oven, warming drawer and wine fridge.
• Well-proportioned sitting room with bespoke TV/media unit and bookshelves; a door opens on to the large balcony
• Useful home office/study with window seat and bespoke cabinetry; the property has fast broadband with the UFO cable reaching Mill Lane.
• High specification bathroom and shower room with modern fixtures and fittings
• Principal bedroom with dressing area incorporating fitted wardrobes
• Highly convenient location, just a stroll from the City walls
The house is set back from the road behind a formal paved garden bounded by a low brick wall with railings. At the rear, the garden is designed as an extension to the ground floor living space and is landscaped for easy maintenance, walled on two sides. It is fully paved with raised beds planted with perennial shrubs and designed for sitting out/al fresco dining. At the rear of the garden is the store and private garage (with power and light including electric vehicle charger), accessed from a back lane off John Street.
York Minster 1 mile, Vangarde Shopping Park/John Lewis 1½ miles, Waitrose 0.8 mile, Leeds 26 miles. (Distances approximate)
Heworth Parade on Mill Lane lies north east of York city centre, and less than a mile from Waitrose, between the city centre and Heworth Village. The village is well regarded with its primary school, independent shops, cafes, pubs and businesses as well as a neighbourhood park, stray and tennis club. The Medieval city walls are within comfortable reach on foot as is York Railway Station (1.3 miles) offering mainline travel to London in under two hours. The outer ring road/A64/A1237 connects to the A1M, Leeds, York and Scarborough and lies some three miles to the north.
Services: All mains services. Gas fired central heating.
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority: City of York council 01904 551550
Directions: The property can be found on Mill Lane just off Heworth Green/A1036, on the left-hand side coming from the north. No. 3 is clearly identified above the front door.
Photographs and particulars: January 2021
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.