Victorian town house with garage and garden, close to York city centre
Entrance and staircase hall, cloaks cupboard, 2 reception rooms, kitchen breakfast room, store, utility room, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, separate wc, loft
Car port, garden
Freehold for sale
84 Heworth Road, Heworth, York YO31 7AA
No. 84 Heworth Road displays the attractive architecture of its age and enjoys a highly convenient York location made all the more appealing given the welcome addition of its garaging and garden. The first floor accommodation is particularly light and spacious, delivering a direct view of the Minster from the principal bedroom and landing. This handsome former coach house would now benefit from some updating, but it offers the advantage of being unoccupied and with no onward purchase.
• Former coach house dating from 1850, semi-detached
• Accommodation of more than 2000 sq ft arranged over two floors
• View of York Minster from the first floor
• Period features include high ceilings, deep windows, cornicing and ceiling rose, fireplaces and an attractive original staircase
• Double glazing throughout
• Well proportioned sitting room with large bay window and cast iron fireplace with ornate tiled inserts
• Light and bright kitchen breakfast room with doors facing east to the courtyard garden, catching the best of the morning sun
• Dining room with traditional fireplace housing a gas fire
• Useful utility area and cloaks/boot room at the rear of the house with side access
• Generous accommodation on the first floor with good sized bedrooms
• New gas boiler and carpets recently installed
• Superb local village amenities to hand
• Within walking distance of York city centre and railway station
• Vacant property suitable for immediate viewing
The garage/car port is accessed from Heworth Road and has a notably high ceiling height having been designed to hold a horse-drawn carriage. It is open at the rear and connected to the garden. The walled courtyard garden is private and sheltered, and could feel like an extension to the ground floor living space. It is fully paved with raised beds and well established climbers providing welcome colour during the summer months.
York Minster 1 mile, Vangarde Shopping Park/John Lewis 1½ miles, Waitrose 0.8 mile, Leeds 26 miles. (Distances approximate)
Heworth Road lies north east of York city centre and about a mile from York Minster. Heworth village is well regarded with its primary school, independent shops, cafes, pubs and businesses as well as a neighbourhood park, stray and tennis club. The Medieval city walls are within comfortable reach on foot as is York Railway Station (1½ miles) offering mainline travel to London in under two hours. The outer ring road/A64/A1237 connects to the A1M, Leeds, York and Scarborough and lies some three miles to the north.
Services: All mains services. Gas fired central heating.
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority: City of York council 01904 551550 www.york.gov.uk
Directions: The property can be found at the far end of Heworth Road from Malton Road/A1036, the last house on the right hand side of the street, close to the village shops and services.
Photographs and particulars: January 2021
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.