Keddy Hill House, The Green, Lund, East Riding of Yorkshire
Keddy Hill House, 49 The Green, Lund, East Riding of Yorkshire YO25 9TE
A charming house with attractive outbuildings and garden in sought after East Riding village
Reception hall, cloakroom wc, 3 reception rooms, kitchen breakfast room, laundry room, boot room, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms.
Detached office, garden room, store, double open garage.
Landscaped private gardens.
Freehold for sale
This appealing house of Georgian heritage has been remodelled and sympathetically extended to create a substantial detached property with a range of characterful outbuildings. No expense has been spared in its design, fitting and finish both inside and out. The innovative two storey rear extension includes an outstanding kitchen living space that is part double height with garden views. The whole sits within landscaped gardens in the heart of Lund facing the village green.
• Detached family house of over 2700 sq ft in a prime village setting
• Period features include bay windows, window seats, fireplace and exposed beams
• High specification throughout including column radiators, brick and limestone flooring, bespoke cabinetry, Neptune wall paint and coverings
• High tech and brand new: alarm, internet, satellite and tv, electrics, boiler, plumbing and heating system, zone lighting and outside lighting, all windows and doors (made of Accoya with a 50 year guarantee)
• Superb, newly fitted hand painted kitchen by Hovingham Interiors includes an island unit, oak lined cupboards and drawers, quartz worktops, SMEG fridge-freezer, Rangemaster with induction hob, Belfast sink with Franke tap, and pantry cupboard with sensor light. Laundry room with custom built cupboards, Belfast sink and Iroko worktop.
• Magnificent 23ft sitting room featuring a log burning stove and large bay window with window seat facing south giving delightful garden views
• Dining room with a pair of west facing windows and French doors on to the garden terrace
• Study facing the village green. Superfast broadband and a 16 port gigabite Ethernet provide ideal conditions for homeworking.
• Principal bedroom with a wall of bespoke wardrobes, garden views south and west and an en suite shower room
• Three contemporary bathrooms with Villeroy & Boch fittings and Hansgrohe showers and taps; the house bathroom has a cast iron bath from The Cast Iron Bath Company
A drive leads in from the village street through attractive gates that give access to a secure gravel driveway with ample space for parking. The drive follows the eastern boundary of the property past a range of outbuildings to the delightful green oak two-bay open garage with pretty log store to the side. The detached office is converted from a former stable and has a panelled interior with an exposed brick wall, underfloor heating and a pair of character windows. The detached brick and pantile garden room is designed for entertaining in all weathers. Alongside is a useful potting shed.
The charming south facing rear garden is private and sheltered with a raised area of manicured lawn retained by a low wall that curves round to the flagged stone terrace. Steps give access to the lawn which is lined with well stocked raised beds. Standing sentinel is a weeping birch and a crescent-shaped bench. There are further shrubs and trees on the far boundary, and mature laurel and beech hedging enclose the whole.
Beverley 6 miles, Driffield 7 miles, Hull 16 miles, York 28 miles. (Distances approximate)
Lund is one of the most picturesque and admired rural villages in the East Riding, sitting in rolling countryside at the edge of the Wolds between two market towns and much loved by cyclists and walkers. The local public house, The Wellington Inn, is a gastro pub with a far-reaching reputation and the Michelin starred Pipe and Glass lies just three miles to the south. As well as the pub, this flourishing village also has a church and chapel, a new village hall, tennis courts, bowls and a children’s playground. Ten minutes by car, nearby Beverley regularly features as one of the best places to live in the country and is an historic market town with an excellent range of facilities together with its Minster, racecourse, private golf club and a superb range of shops. The Yorkshire coast lies within a half hour drive.
Services: All mains services. Oil central heating.
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority: East Riding of Yorkshire Council 01482 393939 www.eastriding.gov.uk. Conservation area.
Directions: Coming from Bainton on the B1248, head into and through the village of Lund on North road and you will see Keddy Hill House straight in front of you on the corner, just past the Green on your left.
Photographs and particulars: March 2021
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.