This is a substantial house that impresses as soon as you enter the drive; its scope, design, versatility and setting make it stand apart. Detached, with over 4000 sq ft of versatile accommodation, an 8 car garage block, plus additional parking and surrounded by glorious gardens and grounds.
Entrance and reception hall, sitting room, open plan kitchen/breakfast/family room, dining area, utility room, rear entrance hall, entertaining area. Principal bedroom with large en suite shower room, separate WC, office, gym (office and gym offer potential to make 2 further bedrooms, one with with dressing room), ground floor bedroom suite with shower room and dressing room, further bedroom, house bathroom
First floor bedroom suite with dressing room and en suite shower room
Terrace, gardens, pond, terraces, woodland, huge detached garage block with store and 2 WCs (current planning application for a separate dwelling)
In all some 1.68 acres
Thorndale, Dauby Lane, Elvington, York YO41 4AP
Thorndale is quietly situated just outside the village, set back from the road behind a high hedge and with no near neighbours. This beautifully designed house sits in the centre of its remarkable gardens and grounds that extend outwards from every viewpoint. Currently a 4 bedroomed house, Thorndale could easily be adapted to 6 bedrooms or divided to create a separate annexe for extended family. Its orientation, glazed doors and multiple, full height windows bring natural light to every corner of the house and strengthen the link between the indoors and out.
• Substantial, contemporary house of 4150 sq ft on a large plot
• Planning application to redevelop the dwelling into three houses with gardens. For further details contact Edward Hartshorne 07768 182162.
• The versatile space on the western wing of the house could successfully become a bedroom quarter with 3 bedrooms, dressing room, bathroom, separate wc. This would create a house with 6 bedroom capacity.
• Huge open plan living space at the heart of the house, glazed to one side and facing south over the gardens
• Custom-made kitchen with granite worktops, double butler sink and Range
• Currently a large gym
• Wonderful 28ft principal bedroom on the ground floor with windows facing west, south and east over the landscaped gardens with spectacular en suite shower room
• Substantial garage block with space for up to 8 vehicles
• Comprehensive security systems
• Well screened, show-stopping gardens
Electric gates open on to the drive which sweeps around the house to the garage block providing ample room for parking and turning. The lovely landscaped gardens, which are are private and well screened, lie predominantly on the southern and western sides of the house. The large flagged terrace accessed from the main open plan living area, and the gazebo seating area on the western wing of the property provide wonderful sites from which to enjoy the gardens. Beautifully manicured lawns predominate, interspersed with sculpted flower beds, shrubs, small copses of trees and an area of woodland to the western flank. A large wildlife pond with an elevated decked, seating area provides a central feature.
A64 4 miles, York 7 miles, Leeds 31 miles. (Distances approximate)
The village of Elvington lies to the south east of York on the west bank of the river Derwent. This thriving community has a number of excellent local facilities including a primary school, pub, village store, health centre, sports field and village hall. It is also renowned for its air museum. It lies in the catchment area for the ‘Outstanding’ Fulford School. Access is rapid to the A64 which in turn links to the A1, the motorway network and the commercial centres of West Yorkshire.
Services: Mains water, electricity and private drainage. Oil fired central heating.
Fixtures & fittings: Items mentioned in these particulars are included. Others may be made available separately
Local authority: City of York Council 01904 551550
Council Tax: Band G. EPC: Band B
Directions: From Elvington take Dauby Lane (Kexby turning), drive for 500 yards and you will find Thorndale on your left hand side.
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.