Outstanding detached village house of more than 3500 sq ft, orientated south and with delightful gardens and rural outlook.
Entrance and reception hall, sitting room, kitchen dining room, utility room, family room, study, 2 bedrooms, shower room
Master bedroom suite, 3 further first floor bedrooms (1 en suite ), family bathroom
Gardens, ample parking, double garage
Browney Hill, Main Street, Sutton-upon-Derwent, York YO41 4BT
This large, contemporary, detached house enjoys an edge-of-village location adjoining open fields. The moment you step inside the light-filled, contemporary interiors and absorb the far-reaching views across open pastures and wooded countryside, this house makes perfect sense. Sliding doors on the western elevation provide a seamless connection between the living space and sunny garden terrace.
• Architect-designed in 2014
• Large house with well designed living accommodation of 3565 sq ft including 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and 2 reception rooms
• High quality specification: electric gates, insulated garage, superfast broadband, security system, underfloor heating throughout the ground floor, solid oak internal doors, engineered oak floorboards, sliding aluminium doors, outdoor awnings with automatic sensors for sun and wind
• Glorious 22ft sitting room with gas-fired remote controlled stove and sliding doors opening on to the terrace
• Kitchen dining room with American fridge, Range cooker, induction hob, Corian worktops and sliding doors providing a seamless link to the terrace and garden beyond
• Versatile ground floor space offering potential for a self-contained annexe within the northern wing
• Light-filled family room with a flueless gas stove
• Glorious views on the first floor enjoyed from a sheltered balcony and the floor-to-ceiling windows including Juliet balcony in the master bedroom suite
• Landscaped rear garden, not overlooked by neighbours, with glorious, rural, south and west facing views
Set back from the road the property is accessed through electric gates, with a drive and ample parking in front of the large garage with independent electric doors (space for two to three cars). Alongside the drive is a generous front garden, predominantly lawned and well screened with a hawthorne hedge, three apple trees and a Portuguese Laurel hedge on the southern and northern boundaries. To the rear is a delightful garden with a large, sunny terrace – perfect for al fresco entertaining - and electric automated awnings above. The garden itself is beautifully landscaped with plants, shrubs, a pergola, garden lighting – all designed for maximum enjoyment and easy maintenance.
York 9 miles, Leeds 32 miles. (Distances approximate)
Sutton on Derwent is a thriving and popular village that lies some nine miles south east of York. It has excellent local amenities including a highly regarded pub, post office, village hall, tennis club and primary school. Neighbouring Elvington has a village shop and doctors’ surgery. York and Howden railway stations both offer a mainline service direct to London Kings Cross and the village is just a short drive from the A64 providing direct access to Leeds and the A1(M), and there is rapid access to the M62 and M18 via Howden. Queen Margaret’s and Pocklington schools are both 15 minutes’ drive away, and further excellent schooling can be found in the City of York.
Services: All mains services
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority: East Riding of Yorkshire Council 01482 393939
Directions: Coming from York on the B1288, drive through Sutton-on-Derwent and you’ll see Browney Hill on your right, the last house in the village before open fields.
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.