An outstanding detached house with generous and versatile living spaces which could easily incorporate annexed accommodation. Wonderful, landscaped gardens and far-reaching rural views complete the package.
Entrance and reception hall, sitting room, kitchen breakfast room, utility room, dining room, study, family room
5 bedrooms (including 2 bedroom suites), family bathroom, shower room
Gardens, ample parking, double garage
This ideal family house is conveniently situated on the edge of a well placed and sought after village just 9 miles from York. Enjoying far-reaching views across pastures and wooded countryside, the feeling of space is as apparent on the inside as it is out. The 24’ modern kitchen breakfast room and the superb 22’ sitting room both boast sliding doors, from which to take full advantage of the colourful, well tended west facing garden and the wonderful views along with the abundance of wildlife that frequent the area.
• Versatile ground floor space offering potential for a self-contained annexe for a relative or guest suite
• Architect-designed in 2014
• Thoughtfully designed flexible living accommodation of 3565 sq ft including 5/6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms and 2/3 reception rooms
• High quality specification: electric gates, insulated garage, superfast broadband, security system, underfloor heating throughout the ground floor, solid oak internal doors, engineered oak floorboards, sliding aluminium doors, outdoor awnings with automatic sensors for sun and wind
• Stunning 22ft sitting room with gas-fired remote controlled stove and sliding doors opening on to the terrace
• Kitchen breakfast room with American fridge, Range cooker, induction hob, Corian worktops and sliding doors providing a seamless link to the terrace and garden beyond
• Light-filled dining room with a flueless gas stove
• Glorious views from the first floor enjoyed from a sheltered balcony and the floor-to-ceiling windows including Juliet balcony in the master bedroom suite
• Private and landscaped rear garden, south and west facing rural views
Browney Hill, Main Street, Sutton-upon-Derwent, York YO41 4BT
Browney Hill is accessed through electric gates. There is ample parking to the front, along with a large garage with independent electric doors providing space for 2/3 cars. Alongside the drive is a generous front garden, predominantly lawned and well screened with a hawthorne hedge, three apple trees and a Portuguese Laurel hedge on the southern and northern boundaries. To the rear is a delightful garden with a large, sunny terrace – perfect for al fresco entertaining. The garden itself is beautifully landscaped with plants, shrubs, a pergola, garden lighting – all designed for maximum enjoyment and easy maintenance.
Pocklington 8 miles, York 9 miles, Leeds 32 miles. (Distances approximate)
Sutton on Derwent is a thriving, family orientated village just nine miles south east of York and benefits from excellent local amenities including the highly regarded St. Vincent Arms public house, post office, village hall, tennis club and a primary school. Neighbouring Elvington has a village shop and a doctors’ surgery. York and Howden railway stations both offer mainline services direct to London Kings Cross and the A64 which is about 12 miles away, provides direct access to Leeds and the A1(M). The M62 and M18 are highly accessible via Howden about 13 miles away. Queen Margaret’s and Pocklington schools are both 15 minutes’ drive away and further excellent schooling can be found in the City of York.
Services: All mains services
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority: East Riding of Yorkshire Council 01482 393939
Directions: Coming from York on the B1288, drive through Sutton-on-Derwent and you’ll see Browney Hill on your right, the last house in the village before open fields, identified by the For Sale Board.
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.