A wonderfully positioned period country residence
Entrance and dining hall, staircase hall, drawing room, kitchen breakfast room, utility room, pantry, cloakroom/wc
Principal bedroom with en suite shower room, 3 further bedrooms, house bathroom
2 garages, front cottage garden, rear courtyard garden, parking, communal gardens
The Mews, Wiganthorpe Court, Wiganthorpe, Terrington, York YO60 6NU
This charming, grade II listed, stone built, link detached house was created from the original Coach House of Wiganthorpe Hall, designed by distinguished architect John Carr. The property includes some five acres of private shared grounds enjoying beautiful views towards the lake and woodland, and surrounded by the Howardian Hills, an area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
• Mellow brick house of 1833 sq ft in peaceful rural location
• Good ceiling heights, period features and wooden floors
• Fitted kitchen with cream Aga, original tiles and large feature window
• Elegant and beautifully proportioned, light filled drawing room, with period fireplace and floor to ceiling arched windows. Doors open on to the courtyard
• Large dining hall
• Private courtyard rear garden, well screened and landscaped
• Shared private gardens and grounds of approximately five acres, beautifully maintained
• Double garage and parking spaces for three cars
With its long, private approach, The Mews is nestled in a peaceful hamlet, escaping any road noise. It is, however, easily accessible, situated close to Castle Howard and two of North Yorkshire’s prettiest villages, Hovingham and Terrington. There is a village store in Hovingham and a number of fine pubs within easy reach. Equidistant from the market towns of Malton and Helmsley, The Mews lies just a half hour drive from York.
York 15 miles, Malton 10 miles, Helmsley 10 miles, Terrington 3 miles, Hovingham 2 miles (Distances approximate)
Services: Mains water and electricity, private drainage
Midway between Hovingham and Terrington is a sharp bend in the road, which leads to a private road signed Wiganthorpe Farm. The property is a further half mile down this road.
Fixtures and fittings
Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation
For more photos and details regarding this property visit www.blenkinandco.com