One of the best Georgian houses within the City walls.
Entrance and staircase hall, dining room, family room, kitchen breakfast room, utility room, store, wc
Drawing room on the first floor
4 bedrooms (2 en suite), bedroom 5/study, family bathroom
Studio apartment and shower room above the garage
Lower ground basement vaults with laundry room
22 St Saviourgate, York YO1 8NN
Originally built circa 1740 and listed Grade II*, the house lies on the favoured south side of the street, part of a handsome brick terrace with stone quoins and bands between the storeys. More recently it has been the subject of complete redecoration, a kitchen extension and a garage.
• A large house of 4149 sq ft arranged over 4 floors, plus basement
• High ceilings, well proportioned rooms, open fireplaces, sash windows and detailed plasterwork redolent of the property’s Georgian pedigree
• The bright modern kitchen with skylight, central island unit and antique clay tile flooring opens directly on to the south facing garden
• On the first floor is an elegant drawing room with three deep windows and a period fireplace with hearth
• The top/third floor offers wonderful views of the Minster. The magnificent western and central towers rise up above the neighbouring terracotta roofs.
• Access to the garage is by private access off The Stonebow via electric up-and-over door
• Above the garage is a bedroom/home office with en suite shower room
A stone flagged terrace opens out from the kitchen, complete with an appealing al fresco dining area and barbecue area. Through a rose arch there lies another circular seating area with a circular sofa and a water feature. A further seating area lies at the end of the garden. The garden itself is enclosed by 18th century brick walls and has been beautifully landscaped and generously stocked with plants, including box hedging bordering the pathway. The garden is approximately 80ft with a width of approximately 20ft.
With its central location in the heart of the City and views of York Minster, 22 St Saviourgate is within walking distance of the railway station, the principal shopping streets and the main schools in York. It is one of very few historic properties in central York to have both parking and a garden.
York railway station under 1 mile
Services: all mains services connected
Fixtures & fittings: Items mentioned in these particulars are included. Others may be made available separately
Local authority: City of York 01904 551550 Council Tax: band G
Photographs and particulars: September 2017
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.