Restored 18th century house with stylish interiors, in a stunning Howardian Hills village setting.
Entrance and staircase hall, sitting room, family room, kitchen dining room, utility room
4 bedrooms, bathroom, shower room, wc
Garden, outbuilding, shed
Teal House, Chapel Street, Nunnington, York YO62 5UP
This is a particularly appealing, double fronted attached village house, dating from the late 18th century. Constructed of limestone with a pantile roof, it has been skilfully extended and sympathetically renovated in recent years to create a substantial home entirely in keeping with the requirements and expectations of modern family life. Located in the heart of Nunnington, a remarkably pretty, well preserved estate village, the house faces a traditional red telephone box and has a timeless charm seldom seen even in this most cherished part of the Howardian Hills.
• Late 18th century village house of great character
• Fully renovated and in superb decorative condition
• Grade II Listed, Conservation area – Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
• Over 2000 sq ft incorporating 2 reception rooms, 4 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms
• Rooms are large and well proportioned
• Wonderful period features including many working fireplaces, exposed beams, working shutters and deep stone walls with window seats
• Contemporary kitchen with underfloor heating, limestone flooring, granite worktops, double butler sink, Aga and decorative cast-iron fireplace
• Filled with natural light, the dining area has a partially glazed roof and a stable door opening west on to the rear outside space
• Engineered oak flooring on the ground floor and double glazed, timber sash windows
• Second floor has an office space, wc and 2 bedrooms with high vaulted ceilings
• Ample, creative storage throughout
The delightful garden is linked to the house but lies slightly apart. It is elevated with glorious views over the village rooftops towards the Moors. There is a good-sized lawn, a stone terrace under a pergola clad in wisteria, jasmine and rose, two apple trees of great character, some raised beds, a garden shed and holly tree standing sentinel. A stone outbuilding provides further storage. The garden is bordered by low timber fencing and there is a footpath at the far corner that ascends gently to the village church.
Helmsley 5 miles, Kirkbymoorside 5 miles, Malton 10 miles, York 22 miles. (Distances approximate)
Teal House lies on the corner of Chapel Street in the heart of this most attractive Ryedale village. Known for its strong community, which includes many young families, Nunnington has a village hall, café, a business hub at Nunnington Studios, 13th century church, and the National Trust’s Nunnington Hall. There are many designated walks in the area, most particularly along the river Rye and traversing the ridge at Caulkley Bank. Lying midway between Malton and Kirkbymoorside, Nunnington is only 10 miles from Malton, Yorkshire’s Food Capital, and within a 45 minute drive of the city of York. The well regarded schools of Ampleforth, Queen Mary’s, Ryedale and Malton are close by.
Services: Mains water, electricity and drainage. Oil fired heating and hot water.
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation. Local authority: Ryedale District Council 01653 600666
Local authority: Ryedale District Council 01653 600666
Directions: the property lies on the corner of Chapel Street and Church Street, in the middle of the village and almost opposite Nunnington Studios, as denoted by the For Sale Board.
Photographs and particulars: September 2018
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.