A wonderful family home south of York with superb equestrian facilities, garage block, gardens and paddocks.
Entrance hall, utility room, store, wc, kitchen dining room, family room, further sitting room, staircase hall
Master bedroom, family bathroom, study/occasional bedroom, 3 further bedrooms, shower room
Garage block, 4 stables, manège, outbuildings
3 railed paddocks each with own water supply
Mature gardens, orchard
Just under 2 acres
Gale House, Thorganby, York YO19 6DQ
Formerly a farmhouse, renovated and extended by the current owners in keeping with its character, Gale House is a period property designed to appeal to the discerning equestrian owner, while offering flexible outside space suitable for a variety of uses. The house sits comfortably within its own land enjoying good natural light, with delightful gardens to the rear and superb equestrian facilities flanking the western boundary.
• Light and airy house with well-proportioned reception rooms
• Wonderful architectural features include stripped internal doors, exposed beams, solid oak floors, sash windows
• At the heart of the house, a 21ft kitchen/dining/living room with bespoke fitted units, Range, hardwood flooring and lovely views over the gardens
• Light, triple aspect family room with solid oak flooring, inglenook fireplace, multi-fuel stove and garden views
• Double aspect sitting room with feature fireplace, multi-fuel stove and garden views
• Principal bedroom, double aspect, family bathroom and study/dressing room
• Second main bedroom with triple aspect and views over open countryside
• Natural light to the first floor, open rural views, fine setting, lovely gardens
• Equestrian facilities of the highest order
• Versatile and adaptable outside space
• Planning permission in place to build a garden room/conservatory at the rear of the house
The house is set back and well screened from the village road behind timber gates, a brick wall, hedging and mature trees. A gravel drive sweeps past the lawned front garden and house to the large parking and turning area in front of the large double garage, a detached brick and pantile building with power and light. The stables and manege lie close to the house with wash-down and sand turn out areas, the three railed paddocks stretching to the far boundary. The landscaped rear garden is full of variety with flower beds, mature shrubs and quiet corners for sitting out; hedging and trees create a natural screen.
Just under two acres
York 10 miles. Leeds 28 miles. (Distances approximate)
Gale House lies at the edge of Thorganby, a rural village located south east of York, to the east of the A19 trunk road offering easy access to York, the shopping outlets on the ring road, A1M, M62, M18 and the business centres of West Yorkshire and beyond. Thorganby has a thriving community with a public house and a village hall, with additional facilities to be found in the neighbouring villages of North Duffield and Wheldrake. Wheldrake has a highly regarded primary school and Gale House falls within the catchment area for ‘Outstanding’ Fulford School in York. Queen Margaret’s Girls School is nearby in Escrick and Pocklington School lies just 14 miles away.
Services: Mains water and electricity. Private drainage.
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority: Selby District Council 01757 705101
Directions: From the A19 trunk road, turn left at Escrick onto Skipwith Road. Follow the road for approximately three miles. Turn left onto Bonby Lane, signposted Thorganby. Gale House can be found after a mile, on the right.
Photographs and particulars: July 2018
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.