Handsome Edwardian house of 3362 sq ft with garaging, outbuildings and gardens, set in one of North Yorkshire’s prettiest villages.
Entrance and staircase hall, kitchen breakfast room, utility room, wc, sitting room/dining room, snug, library, garden room
Principal bedroom with en suite bathroom, 2 bedrooms, house bathroom
2 further bedrooms on the 3rd floor, shower room
Garage block, stores, outbuildings
Freehold for sale
The Lodge is a large Edwardian house that sits proudly within its own substantial plot, set back from the village street with ample off street parking and a carriage drive that sweeps round to the rear. Filled with natural light, the property has recently been renovated in its entirety to an exceptionally high specification.
• Built circa 1910 with two lovely bay windows, high ceilings and cornicing
• Comprehensively renovated: new wiring, plumbing, new roof, insulation, new windows. No stone has been left unturned by well-regarded local builders, Atkinson’s of Pickering
• Substantial house amounting to some 3362 sq ft arranged over three floors.
• Large reception rooms including a 30 ft sitting room/dining room and magnificent south west facing garden room
• Superb, light-filled kitchen with granite worktops, limestone flooring and large seating/dining area.
• Large garden enjoying an ideal orientation. Separate area of kitchen garden with raised beds.
• Twin drives, including side driveway to detached double garage block with workshop.
A carriage drive leads past the northern elevation to stores and a double garage block. The garage gives access to the garden as does a high timber gate that opens to the large, sunny patio area that stands slightly elevated overlooking a broad sweep of lawn. The gardens face principally to the south and west, are well screened with a high, south facing wall and timber fencing boundary lined with flower beds. This is a large and beautifully landscaped garden that links well to the house and provides a variety of seating areas for round the clock enjoyment.
Pickering 2 miles, Malton 8 miles, Helmsley 15 miles, York 26 miles. (Distances approximate)
Thornton le Dale lies on the southern fringe of the North York Moors and is one of the most picturesque villages in North Yorkshire. It has a thriving community and a range of superb amenities including pubs, primary school, bakers, chemist, independent shops, cafes and restaurants. Local sports amenities include cricket, football, squash and a bowling green. There are high performing state and private schools in the area, and the nearby market town of Pickering with its castle, North York Moors railway and superb dining opportunities provide all the attractions of an established market town.
There is easy road access via the A64 to York, Leeds and the motorway network. From Malton are rail connections on the main East Coast line to London/Scotland from York where trains reach Kings Cross in 1 hour 45 minutes. West along the A170 is the A1. Bus transport connects to Scarborough, Whitby, York, Leeds, Tadcaster and Sutton Bank.
Services: All mains services, including gas.
Local Authority: Ryedale District Council 01653 600666
Photographs & Particulars: May 2017
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.