A stand-out contemporary family house near York with garaging, garden, paddock in the heart of a prosperous village
Entrance and staircase hall, kitchen breakfast room, laundry, family room, shower room, dining room, study, drawing room, rear entrance, cloakroom/wc
Master bedroom suite with dressing room and shower room, 4 further bedrooms, 2 Jack and Jill bathrooms
Double carport, garage, walled parking area, landscaped rear garden, paddock, detached garden office
In all about one acre
The Barn, Manor Farm Court, Colton, York LS24 8BF
From its construction in 2005 on the site of a barn, this property was designed to make an impact. Its structure, layout and interiors most certainly will not disappoint the discerning buyer. The Barn is a glorious, high specification home with fabulous, cutting edge interiors that combine ebony stained wood, polished plaster and dark hues with artful lighting and exposed ceiling trusses. This is a large house of generous proportions with rooms that are grandly linked by double doors to create light and open passage ways. To the rear are extensive gardens and grounds.
• Video entry system, surround sound system, double glazing and traditional style heated column radiators
• Hardwood oak flooring and slate flooring on the ground floor
• Grand entrance – full height windows and double doors open to an impressive entrance hall
• Handmade kitchen built by Interiors of Harrogate with granite work surfaces, 1½ bowl stainless steel sink, Rangemaster 90 cooker with extractor hood over, built-in dishwasher, fridge and freezer, matching island unit with built-in microwave, further storage, granite breakfast bar, recessed spotlights, slate floor
• Adjoining the kitchen is a family room with dining area, double height vaulted ceiling, surround sound system, exposed brick wall and patio door to the courtyard
• The dining room is a striking room with bespoke bookcase - it overlooks and opens on to the rear gardens
• Large 28 ft drawing room with exposed brickwork, gas-fired stove and home cinema system with drop down projector screen and enhanced automated lighting
• Imperial staircase: at the half turn the staircase splits into double flights lit by a full height window overlooking the gardens, and with exposed ceiling truss above
• The dramatic master bedroom suite has a vaulted ceiling with exposed trusses and en suite dressing area with a large walk-in, fitted wardrobe. The en suite shower room includes a large shower cubicle housing a Hansgrohe Pharo shower system with body sprays and secondary shower head
• There are two superb house bathrooms that also serve as Jack & Jill bathrooms to the adjoining bedrooms: bathroom 1 includes a Villeroy and Boch bath with Hansgrohe shower over; house bathroom 2 includes a Villeroy and Boch Jacuzzi bath with Hansgrohe shower attachment and separate shower cubicle with Hangrohe shower
• Although with near neighbours and in the heart of a village, The Barn enjoys a very private setting to the front and rear
The property is accessed off Manor Farm Court, a shared private road off the main village street. Electronically operated timber gates open to a large gravelled parking and turning courtyard area with access to a double car port with power and light, water supply and access hatch to loft storage. Alongside is a single garage with up and over door, also with power and light.
To the rear of the property is a shaped, flagged terrace fringed with deep beds, abundantly planted for year round colour and mulched. On the terrace is a pergola and plenty of space for garden furniture, BBQ equipment and outdoor dining. The main garden is laid to lawn with a high beech hedged boundary to the west and screened from the neighbour by shrubs and trees to the eastern boundary. At the far end between the garden and the paddock is a raised decked terrace with timber balustrade. Here a gate gives access to the flat level paddock, bounded by post & rail fencing and hedging, and currently benefiting from an open arrangement with the neighbour. The paddock extends to one acre or thereabouts. Here is a quietly situated, detached garden office with power, light and wood burning stove.
York 6 miles. Leeds 18 miles. A1 11 miles (Distances approximate)
Colton is a prosperous rural village that lies to the south of the A64 trunk road between York and Leeds. The village has a superb public house and farmshop, with a wider range of facilities available in York. The outer ring road is easily accessible providing ready access to York Railway Station, the Designer Outlet, Monks Cross and Vangarde. Due to its highly convenient location the village has always proved a popular residential area for those whose business interests take them to York, Leeds, Manchester or beyond.
Services: Mains water, electricity and drainage, LPG gas fired central heating.
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as the bespoke book case, surround sound system, home cinema system, fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority: Selby District Council 01757 705101
Directions: From York take the A64 westbound towards Leeds, turning left at the flyover signposted Colton and Bilbrough Top Services. Follow the signs to Colton and once in the village proceed along the main street and Manor Farm Court is found on the left hand side before you reach Ye Old Sun Inn. The Barn lies directly in front of you.