Superb, restored farmhouse with cottage, garage block, gardens and fabulous views in between Helmsley and Kirkbymoorside.
Principal House: entrance and staircase hall, 3 reception rooms, kitchen/dining room/living room, utility room, boot room, cloakroom wc. Master bedroom with en suite and dressing room, 3 further bedrooms all with en suite bathrooms
Cottage: entrance and staircase hall, 2 reception rooms, kitchen breakfast room, wc, 3 bedrooms (1 en suite bathroom), house bathroom
Three-bay garage, parking for multiple vehicles, summerhouse, pond, garden
In all some one acre
Low Hagg House & Duck Cottage, Starfitts Lane, Fadmoor, North Yorkshire YO62 7JF
Believed to date from the 1800s this attractive stone farmhouse with its pantile roof is set in a large plot with a southerly orientation and an open outlook across wonderful countryside. The house itself has been beautifully restored and decorated in appealing contemporary shades, with a brand new handmade kitchen and new bathrooms. The holiday cottage is a huge asset, providing income or accommodation for a relative. All in all, this is a versatile property with a broad appeal.
• Principal house of 2756 sq ft arranged over three floors, and detached holiday cottage of 1148 sq ft
• Attractive features create a contemporary rustic aesthetic: wood burning stove; hearth with original bricks and antique fire surround and mantle; exposed wooden ceiling beams and trusses; cottage doors with traditional black ironmongery door furniture; sisal carpets.
• High tech, insulated house with low running costs – new roof, new stone floors with underfloor heating throughout the kitchen, living and dining areas
• Handmade kitchen manufactured and installed by the Handmade Kitchen Company in Pickering with a breakfast bar, butler sink and granite worktops
• Delightful garden room facing south and west, with timber flooring, pantile roof and Velux window
• Numerous custom-made storage cupboards throughout
• Wonderful second floor bedroom with vaulted ceiling, far reaching views to all sides and a wet room
• The principal house is link detached having a minor link to the neighbour via the utility room
• Wonderful setting and perfect orientation
The private, gravelled section of the drive is accessed via a 5-bar gate and, lined with silver birch, it sweeps around the walled garden to the detached 3-bay stone garage block and a very generous parking and turning area (NB the first ten yards of the drive is owned by the neighbour with unrestricted access given to the owner of Low Hagg House). The large, walled garden in front of the house is sheltered and private; the dry stone wall with coping stones creates a stunning backdrop. Thoughtfully designed and well stocked with mature shrubs and trees giving year round colour, the terrace and garden enjoy the perfect orientation. The outer garden sweeps down to the south west boundary (fenced with mixed hedge) with far-reaching rural views beyond that incorporate undulating fields and bands of woodland. At the southern end of these gardens is a timber summerhouse and paved terrace overlooking a Koi-carp pond with tumbling water feature. Behind the house, the rear garden is largely laid to lawn with the oil tank on the eastern corner (access for oil deliveries is from the rear). The three bedroom holiday cottage is close to but detached from the principal house and has its own west facing garden with a lovely outlook.
Kirkbymoorside 2.5 miles, Helmsley 5 miles, Pickering 9 miles, Malton 15 miles, Thirsk 20 miles, York 26 miles (Distances approximate)
The gateway to the Moors, Kirkbymoorside, is a market town situated on the southern slopes of the North York Moors National Park. Conveniently located along the A170 Thirsk to Scarborough road, it offers rapid access to Helmsley and Pickering, to the east coast and to Malton where there are road and rail links to York and the motorway network beyond. The town itself is a traditional, bustling market town with plentiful shops, restaurants, sports amenities and clubs. The primary school is well regarded and Ryedale School, some three miles away, is an ‘Outstanding’ comprehensive secondary school. Low Hagg House lies north west of Kirkbymoorside on a quiet country lane.
Services: Mains electric, oil fired central heating, private drainage.
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Local authority: Ryedale District Council 01653 600666
Directions: On the A170 just outside Kirkbymoorside take Starfitts Lane heading north. The property can be found about a mile along the Lane on the left hand side, as indicated by SatNav.
Photographs and particulars: February 2019
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.