A fine family house with lovely gardens very conveniently placed in a pretty village between York and Malton.
Entrance lobby, dining hall, cloakroom wc, drawing room, sitting room, study, kitchen breakfast room, utility room, office
Principal bedroom with en suite shower room, 4 further bedrooms (1 en suite), family bathroom
Garage, front and rear gardens
In all about ½ acre
The Hollies, Tout Hill, Whitwell on the Hill, York YO60 7JJ
The Hollies is set back and well screened behind an abundant hedge with delightful, well wooded gardens behind. Open fields lie to its front and rear, with the former village school alongside. This pretty rural village is conveniently located for rapid access to York via the A64 and on to the commercial centres of West Yorkshire via the motorway network.
• Large house of 3230 sq ft constructed to a high specification with sealed unit glazing
• 4 reception rooms, 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
• Large, modern kitchen with fitted Shaker-style painted timber units, stone flagged floor, east and west aspects, dining area with glazed double doors that open on to south facing terrace
• Large utility room and boot room
• 23 ft light-filled drawing room with windows facing south and west, open fireplace and sliding patio doors opening on to the terrace and gardens
• Sitting room with open fire and double doors to sunny conservatory with clay floor tiles
• Amtco flooring in the dining hall and drawing room
• Large main bedroom with fitted cupboards and a sheltered balcony that overlooks the gardens and catches the morning sun
• Useful office attached to the garage with double doors that open southwards
• Fabulous, well screened gardens
The Hollies is approached off the village road. At the front is a gravelled drive with a parking and turning in front of the single garage, and a lawned area with a circular rose bed. The main area of garden lies to the rear and faces east and south. Here there is a wide flagged terrace running along two sides of the house giving access to a broad sweep of lawn, and surrounded by tall mature trees including copper beech, cedrus atlantica glauca, providing texture and variety all year round. There are two garden stores.
York 13 miles. Malton 5 miles. (Distances approximate)
Whitwell on the Hill lies between York and Malton at the edge of the Howardian Hills and is ideally positioned for access to both those centres. It is a small, attractive Ryedale village of two streets, with an impressive 19th century parish church. Nearby Malton is ‘Yorkshire’s food capital’ and a fine, traditional market town. It has a wide range of amenities including excellent independent shops and cafes, choice of schooling, an arts centre, cinema and sports centre. The railway station offers direct links to Scarborough and York – and on to Leeds, London, Liverpool and Manchester Airport. Its artisan food producers and Food Lovers Festival has brought the town national acclaim.
Services: Mains water, electricity and drainage.
Fixtures & fittings: Items mentioned in these particulars are included. Others may be made available separately
Local authority: Council Tax Ryedale District Council.
Directions: from York, on the A64, turn off to Whitwell-on-the-Hill and The Hollies lies on the east side (right hand side) towards the end of the village, next to the old school. Denoted by the agents’ For Sale sign.
Photographs and particulars: May 2018
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.