Detached period house of over 3000 sq ft in a lovely village near York.
Entrance and staircase hall, kitchen breakfast room, utility room, drawing room, sitting room, conservatory, wc
Principal abedroom with en suite shower room, 3 further bedrooms, house bathroom
Double garage, games room
The Old Chapel, Moor Lane, Newton on Ouse, York YO30 2DE
Built in the 1920s this former Wesleyan chapel has been skilfully converted, creating a substantial house of over 3000 sq ft. It sits confidently in a large plot, behind a picket fence and laurel hedge on an elevated spot overlooking the leafy village green. Wide, open views stretch down the much loved Cherry Tree Avenue.
• 3054 sq ft comprising 3 reception rooms, 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
• Detached brick-built building with slate roof circa 1924, within a large plot
• Contemporary decoration sits alongside period features and stained glass windows, original floorboards and cast iron radiators
• Stylish, high spec kitchen with granite worktops and glorious pointed arch windows facing south and east.
• Large conservatory catches the morning and afternoon sun
• Private drive, ample off street parking and garaging.
• Charming village within 25 minutes’ drive of York
The garden is largely laid to lawn and wraps around the house, bounded to three sides by a high hedge and with timber fencing on the western boundary. Alongside the conservatory is a paved terrace, facing west to catch the afternoon sun. A block paving drive leads to the garage at the far northern end of the plot, with a turning area.
York 9 miles, Easingwold 7 miles, Harrogate 16 miles, A1 8 miles. (Distances approximate)
Newton-on-Ouse is one of the best loved villages north of York, occupying an attractive rural setting on the banks of the river Ouse, north west of York. Beningbrough Hall grounds and farm shop are on the doorstop, there are wonderful riverside walks and a choice of fine pubs. The church has a 900 year old tower, there is an active parish hall, and a fish & chips van visits the village once a week. Additional facilities can be found at neighbouring Linton on Ouse, including a store, post office and primary school.
Services: all mains services, gas central heating.
Fixtures & fittings: Only those items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Other items may be separately available by negotiation.
Local authority: Hambleton District 01609 779977
Directions: When entering the village from the A19, The Old Chapel is opposite the village green, on the right hand side, as denoted by the agent’s For Sale Board.
Photographs and particulars: April 2018
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.