Willowbeck Lodge, Settrington, Malton
Versatile modern family house with extensive gardens in a desirable Estate village near Malton
Entrance and staircase hall, cloakroom wc, 2 reception rooms, conservatory, kitchen breakfast living room, utility room/laundry, wc/shower room
Master bedroom suite with dressing area and en suite bathroom, 4 further bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (1 Jack & Jill), play room, store room
Double garage, 2 office rooms and wc above the garage, shed, gardens, private access to Settrington Beck
In all about ¾ acre
Freehold for sale
Willowbeck Lodge, Settrington, Malton, North Yorkshire YO17 8NP
Willowbeck Lodge was built in 2002 in the vernacular style using Heritage bricks. It provides very well-designed living accommodation together with office space above the attached garage and is set within grounds of almost three-quarters of an acre running down to the picturesque Settrington Beck. This is a superb family property enjoying a delightful, tranquil setting that provides a haven for wildlife.
• Detached and versatile family house of nearly 3700 sq ft arranged over three floors.
• Discreet setting, tucked away from the village lane at the end of a long drive and in a quiet corner adjacent to the beck.
• Quality character features include inglenook fireplace, oak doors, reclaimed doors to most first floor rooms, exposed brickwork and reclaimed oak beam.
• Fully alarmed and with a hardwired fire alarm on each floor
• The 25ft kitchen breakfast living room is a superb contemporary family space with a country kitchen that includes granite work surfaces, double bowl Belfast sink, oil-fired Aga and Bosch appliances. Alongside is a utility room/laundry.
• Traditional hardwood double glazed conservatory with double doors to the rear garden.
• 23ft sitting room with double doors and large inglenook fireplace with oak bressumer housing a Morso multi-fuel stove.
• Formal dining room/snug with Amtico flooring.
• Useful ground floor cloakroom wc off the hall and a wc shower room off the utility room.
• Principal bedroom with west facing views over the rear garden, dressing area with bespoke sliding doors and wardrobes behind, and en suite bathroom with corner jacuzzi bath.
• Four further bedrooms all with fitted wardrobes.
• House bathroom with cast iron roll top bath on ball and claw feet and separate shower cubicle.
• The 25ft second floor play room has three Dimplex electric heaters and a TV ariel socket. An adjoining store room offers the potential to convert the second floor into an ideal teenage bedroom suite.
The property is approached along a gated private tarmacadamed drive which sweeps round to a large parking and turning area giving access to the double garage with twin wooden doors, power, light and housing the boiler and pressurised hot water system. External granary steps with wrought-iron hand rail rise to the offices with adjoining wc. Superfast broadband is available at the property.
The front garden is laid predominantly to lawn with established hedging. Pleached hornbeam with shrubs beneath flank the drive and there are a number of mature trees including apple, pear, plum and greengage artfully scattered within the lawned areas. The garden continues along the southern boundary to the west facing rear garden with large paved terrace. There is a garden store/oil tank under the external staircase and, on the southern boundary, an 8ft x 8ft garden shed with double doors. A gravelled pathway descends gently through a pergola to a garden gate, beyond which lies Settrington Beck which forms the western boundary to the property. The lower bank is planted with a variety of spring bulbs, interspersed with the eponymous willow trees.
Malton 4 miles. York 18 miles. Scarborough 22 miles. (Distances approximate)
Settrington is a pretty Estate village with a church, well regarded primary school, active village/sports hall and well supported social group. There is an excellent pub in the neighbouring village of Scagglethorpe with a superb range of facilities available in Malton, ‘The food capital of Yorkshire’. Communication links are excellent with the A64 being easily accessible and providing rapid access to York, the A1M and motorway network beyond. In addition Malton Railway Station provides regular connections to London, Manchester and Edinburgh via York’s mainline.
Mains water, electricity and drainage, oil fired central heating.
Fixtures and fittings
Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Ryedale District Council 01653 600666 www.ryedale.gov.uk Council Tax Band G
We recommend that you don’t use SatNav. Turn off the A64 at Scagglethorpe by the Ham & Cheese pub, signposted Settrington. As you enter Settrington on Forkers Lane look for the first 20 mph sign ahead of you just before where the the road bends sharply to the right. At the sign and before the bend, turn right down a driveway marked by two brick gateposts, between a modern stone property on the corner and a cream bungalow. ‘Willowbeck Lodge’ is identified on the left gatepost.