Contemporary village house with wonderful views over the Derwent Valley, private garden and garage.
Sitting room , dining kitchen, utility room, bedroom 4/study, WC
Master bedroom suite, 2 further bedrooms, family bathroom, loft room
Garage, large garden with complete privacy
Derwent View, Crambeck Village, York YO60 7EL
Derwent View is a stunning, contemporary house on the edge of Crambeck Village with far reaching vistas over the Derwent Valley. Formerly the property was a Lecture Hall Theatre and part of the Castle Howard Estate. The current owners have restored and renovated the house to the highest standard, extending the kitchen to create a raised dining area from the previous fifth bedroom. The sitting room opens on to the terrace and garden which encapsulates the very private and secluded countryside setting.
• Semi-detached house of nearly 2000 sq ft
• Full of character with high, vaulted ceilings throughout – an interesting and quirky conversion
• Well-designed, modern kitchen with integrated appliances, plenty of storage, large family dining area and good sized utility room adjoining
• Sitting room with wood-burning stove and French doors leading on to the garden
• Good sized, lawned garden arranged to three sides of the house, bordered by dry stone walling and beech hedges, with garden shed and double garage
• Glorious views from the house
• Located in the Howardian Hills, an Area of Outstanding Beauty
Malton 4 miles, John Lewis 11 miles, York 15 miles, Leeds 42 miles. (Distances approximate)
Crambeck is quietly tucked off the A64 with Malton some four miles to the north and York easily reached to the south, linking to Leeds and the A1M. This is a very peaceful but conveniently located village with a tennis court, and two miles of riverside walks with shooting, fishing and mooring rights. Neighbouring Welburn village, which has an ‘Outstanding’ primary school, gastro pub and tea room with bakery, is easily reached on foot through designated footpaths including the Centenary Way. Malton - Yorkshire’s food capital - has excellent amenities including sports clubs, schools and a doctor’s surgery. John Lewis and Monks Cross shopping in York is reached by car in just twenty minutes.
Services: Mains water, electricity and drainage. LPG gas central heating.
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale.
Local authority: Ryedale District Council 01653 600666
Directions: From the A64 York to Scarborough trunk road take a right hand turn to Crambeck Village some four miles before Malton. Continue into the village itself and follow the road until you see the agent’s for sale board. The property is located at the end of this track. .
Photographs and particulars: July 2018
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.