Impressive Victorian townhouse of 3657 sq ft located just outside the city walls, with landscaped garden and double garage.
Entrance vestibule, staircase hall, wc, double reception room, kitchen breakfast room, wc, stores, wine cellar, dining room, utility room
master bedroom with en suite dressing room and bathroom, 2 further bedrooms (1 with with en suite bathroom), house bathroom, office/bedroom 4, snug/bedroom 5
Terrace and patio garden, double garage
62 Bootham, York YO30 7BZ
62 Bootham is one of the finest Grade II Listed townhouses outside the city walls. It provides highly versatile accommodation with a room for every occasion and two large third floor rooms that would work successfully as bedrooms or, as they currently are, as an office and snug.
The elegant proportions of the building are enhanced by the beautifully restored period features and sensitively design interiors with William Morris wallpapers.
• 3657 sq ft arranged over 4 floors
• Fabulous family house with 3 reception rooms, 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
• Period features include high ceiling and fine room proportions, open fireplaces in the reception rooms and bedrooms, plasterwork and coving
• Plenty of utility space and storage as well as a double garage
• Magnificent double reception room spanning some 34 ft with bi-fold doors, a large bay window, and views over the sunny rear garden
• Beautifully designed kitchen with natural light from a south facing bay window, kitchen island, electric black Everhot stove, double butler sink, breakfast area and a formal dining room next door
• Superb master bedroom suite spanning the 34 ft depth of the house. There is a large bathroom and dressing room with an extensive range of fitted hardwood units
• South facing garden and garaging with rear access
• A short stroll to the Minster and less than a 10 minute walk to York Railway Station
The lovely rear garden is well screened and faces south providing a peaceful, leafy enclave away from the hustle and bustle of the city. It is thoughtfully landscaped to make the most of sunlight throughout the day, and is colourfully planted with a variety of mature shrubs and small trees. An elevated area close to the house provides a perfect spot for al fresco summer dining. Down a few stone steps lies the main stretch of garden laid with herringbone paved bricks interspersed with raised beds, flanked either side by mature hedges and leafy shrubs. A peaceful seating area at the far corner of the garden is protected by the double garage, a mellow brick building with windows, roller shutter door and parking space beyond. Access is from St Mary's Lane.
York railway station ½ mile
Ideally situated for easy access by foot or car to York mainline railway station, with its direct services to London Kings Cross in under 2 hrs. The highly regarded schools of St Peter's and Bootham are within a few minutes’ walk, along with all the facilities that the City of York – recently voted Best Place to Live 2018 by the Sunday Times - has to offer.
Services: All mains services
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority: City of York 01904 551550
Directions: Head out of York from Bootham Bar and, within 200 yards, you will find No. 62 on the left hand side next to the Minster Hotel.
Photographs and particulars: May 2018
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.