Splendid family house in between York and Harrogate
Entrance and reception hall, drawing room, kitchen breakfast room, utility room and rear entrance, dining room, study, family/garden room
Principal bedroom suite with dressing room and bathroom, guest bedroom with en suite bathroom, 2 further bedrooms and bathroom on the first floor, 2 further bedrooms on the second floor
Gardens, garaging, off street parking for multiple cars
Vermont House, Chuch Lane, Wighill, Tadcaster LS24 8BH
Built by the current owners some twenty years ago and constructed to a high specification using the latest technology and natural materials, Vermont House has been designed on a grand scale. Impressive room proportions on the ground floor with large rooms linked by double doors make this an ideal property for family living and entertaining.
• Large house of 4333 sq ft over three floors
• 4 reception rooms, 6 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
• Striking features include extensive maple wood flooring to the ground floor, oak staircase, exposed beams, decorative plasterwork and cast iron stoves
• Central vacuum system and CCTV system
• Underground heat source – low heating bills
• Grand entrance, double height reception hall and galleried landing
• Spectacular 48ft garden room extending the entire width of the house with a partially glazed vaulted roof, six French doors opening south and west on to the garden, and a central multi-fuel stove
• 30 ft drawing room with a multi-fuel stove
• Kitchen with black Aga, granite worktops
• Landscaped gardens and lovely, rural outlook
The property is approached via a private road which leads to the front of Vermont House where there is private parking and an integral double garage. The front garden has a low box hedge that follows the line of the path and a landscaped rockery alongside. The main garden lies to the rear of the house and adjoins open fields. Timber decking encircles the garden room and, on the western elevation, connects to a stone terrace flagged by a large area of lawn to one side and well stocked beds to the other. The entire rear garden is well screened with hedges to three sides, and a lovely outlook across open fields.
Tadcaster 2 miles, Wetherby 5 miles, York, 12 miles, Harrogate 13 miles, Leeds 17 miles (Distances approximate)
Wighill is an attractive village in the Harrogate district of North Yorkshire. Its convenient location between York, Leeds and Wetherby has made it a popular village for commuters in recent years and its rejuvenated local pub, The White Swan, is a sign of its prosperity.
Services: All mains services. No gas.
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority:Harrogate District Council 01423 500600
Photographs and particulars: June 2018
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.