Delightful first floor city centre flat with a garden, in a grand Georgian building.
Communal large staircase hall, entrance hall, living room, kitchen, study area, 2 bedrooms, house bathroom with utility cupboard, further bedroom
Communal bike/garden storage, bin yard, communal rear gardens
Leasehold for sale - 98 year lease remaining
11c Castlegate, York YO1 9RN
Castlegate is one of York’s most prestigious Georgian streets, largely attributed to John Carr, the best architect in the north of England at the time. The property dates from the 1760s and, being constructed for an owner of note, was obviously built to make a lasting impression. Flat C is reached via a grand entrance that opens on to a hallway and impressive staircase hall with period tiles and a sweeping staircase.
• 11c is a two bedroom garden flat on the first floor with its own private steps and front door.
• High ceilings throughout, original stripped floorboards (hidden), fireplaces and fabulous sash windows with shutters
• Spectacular sitting room with two sash windows that let in an abundance of light and a marble fireplace incorporating a contemporary multi-fuel stove
• The entire flat has the benefit of an in built sound system.
• Modern kitchen overlooks the gardens, blending walnut fitted units with stainless steel, NEFF cooking units
• A stout door creates a useful separation between the living and bedroom accommodation.
• Large and light bathroom with a useful utility cupboard that provides a concealed area for the washing machine and tumble dryer
• Stone steps lead down to a large, communal garden at the back of the property. The garden is well screened and peaceful with wide, sunny areas of lawn alongside richly planted flower beds, shrubs and shaded spots under a mature tree canopy. There is a view towards neighbouring Grade I Listed St Mary’s Church, and a pedestrian gate that leads to Coppergate at the rear.
York railway station ½ mile, York Minster ½ mile. (Distances approximate)
The city of York, voted Best Place to Live 2018 by the Sunday Times, is known for its wealth of history, ready access to glorious countryside and speedy rail links to London Kings Cross (scheduled 1hr 45mins at best). Leeds Bradford International Airport lies within an hour’s drive and the major motorway network lies some half an hour’s drive away. 11c enjoys a central city location close to Clifford’s Tower, a two minute stroll to Fenwicks and all of the vibrant city’s shops, cafes, bars and restaurants, together with numerous leisure and cultural venues.
Local authority: City of York Council 01904 551550
Services: All mains services
Fixtures and fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Directions: From Clifford’s Tower walk up Castlegate past Fairfax House. No. 11 is to be found on the right hand side, opposite the Cocoa Works.
Photographs & particulars dated: June 2018
1. No description or information given about the property or its value, whether written or verbal or whether or not in these Particulars ("Information") may be relied upon as a statement or representation of fact. Neither Blenkin & Co nor its Joint Agents have any authority to make any representation and accordingly any Information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of Blenkin & Co or the seller/lessor.
2. Any photographs (and artists impressions) show only certain parts of the property at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances given are approximate only.
3. Any reference to alterations to, or use of any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations or other consent has been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending buyer/lessee.
4. Any buyer/lessee must satisfy himself by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of any Information given.