Detached Victorian double fronted town house in Driffield’s best residential street.
Entrance and staircase hall, sitting room, kitchen dining room, utility room, wc, garden room
4 bedrooms, study, bathroom
Drive, off street parking, garage, gardens
34 St John's Road, Driffield YO25 6RS
This appealing, detached, double fronted, mid Victorian town house is located in one of Driffield’s most sought after areas, within walking distance of the town centre and railway station. The house is ideal for family life with its central location, well configured accommodation and good sized rear garden.
• 1640 sq ft over 2 floors including 2 reception rooms, 4 bedrooms and bathroom
• Notable features include high ceilings, cornicing, picture rails, bay windows, original stained glass in front door with fanlight over, stunning staircase with polished balustrade
• Windows are double glazed
• The large and contemporary kitchen dining room with breakfast bar, wooden floor and dining area is a superb family room overlooking the rear garden
• The chimneys are intact but not in working use
• Useful storage including an understairs cupboard
• The garden room is full of natural light and is a good family space
• The study could create an en suite to bedroom 3
• The family bathroom is of generous proportions and is newly fitted and decorated
• Quiet residential location just a few minutes’ walk from the high street
The house is set back behind a low wall and front garden with planted flowerbeds. A drive leads to the brick built garage with side door and large up and over door. A side timber gate gives access from the drive to the generous secure rear garden, ideal for pets and young children. Largely laid to lawn, the garden is walled and well screened from its neighbours with an attractive patio area in the far corner, perfect for al fresco dining.
Beverley and Bridlington 12 miles, Hull 22 miles, York 29 miles. (Distances approximate)
Driffield is a rural market town, known as the cultural capital of the Wolds. St John’s Road is a popular residential area, conveniently located within comfortable walking distance of the town centre, shops, restaurants, schools, railway station, recreation ground, sports centre and all main amenities. The town has many sporting facilities including well established football, rugby, cricket, golf and hockey clubs. A bypass that gives access to the neighbouring larger centres of Beverley, Bridlington, Hull and York, and the railway station offers good links to Beverley, Bridlington, Hull, Doncaster and London. For independent education, there is an excellent choice of schooling in Pocklington, Hull Collegiate, Hymers College in Hull and a rich selection in York. Within twenty minutes’ drive are the many restaurants and upmarket high street shops of historic Beverley, the Michelin starred pub and restaurant The Pipe & Glass in South Dalton and the splendid Yorkshire coast.
Services: All mains services
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority: East Riding of Yorkshire Council
Directions: Entering Driffield from Beverley Road, turn left into St John’s Road off the second mini roundabout. No. 34 will be seen on the right about half way along.
Photographs and particulars: October 2018
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.