The most exciting and original boutique apartments currently available in North Yorkshire.
VIEWING STRICTLY BY APPOINTMENT
Chiltern Place, Newgate, Malton, North Yorkshire YO17 7LF
This distinctive merchant’s building in the heart of Malton has been skilfully converted into six outstanding, boutique apartments. The quality of this conversion cannot be underestimated: using ingenious design, the architect has created highly individual spaces that make the best use of the many architectural features of this 18th century property. Not only has the historical and cultural context of this building been upheld but contemporary five-star elements have been incorporated throughout to give a high end finish and original touches. The specification and design of the kitchens and bathrooms are of a quality more often associated with apartments found in London, Paris and Milan.
The show apartment is available dressed and fully furnished throughout by Interiors at Nine to Eleven.
The outlook to the front of Chiltern Place enjoys remarkable views over Malton’s legendary, 200 year old livestock market; from Newgate are views towards the Georgian market square.
• Probably the most innovative apartments in the region
• Located in the historic heart of prosperous Malton, Yorkshire’s Food Capital
• Short stroll to the railway station
• Excellent rental yields projected
• Parking spaces with provision for electric vehicle charging points
• High speed broadband
• Secure video interface system and CCTV
• Excellent heat and sound insulation
• Superb natural light and stunning windows
• Shared south west facing courtyard garden, private balconies/terraces
• All apartments are sold with a virtual freehold
The entrance to Chiltern Place is accessed off Spital Lane. Here lie the five parking spaces, each with provision for electric vehicle charging points. A secure wrought iron gate opens to give residents’ access to the apartments and private garden courtyard beyond (shared use). York stone flags are underfoot and the south west facing courtyard area is beautifully landscaped with espalier trees (give detail) and seating. From here is access down to the secure lock-ups with steel doors. Refuse storage and recycling are discreetly positioned out of sight.
York 18 miles, John Lewis and Vangarde Retail Park 16 miles, Leeds 40 miles. (Distances approximate)
The picturesque Georgian market town of Malton has enjoyed a resurgence of popularity in recent years bolstered by its independent shops, cafes and restaurants, artisan food producers and brewers, monthly food market and nationally-acclaimed Food Lovers Festival. Under the entrepreneurial stewardship of Tom Naylor-Leyland, the town has sealed its reputation as the food capital of Yorkshire, a transformation covered in the Financial Times and Telegraph, and in The Sunday Times where it was cited as one of the UK’s Best Places to Live 2018.
Malton also has cultural ambitions: The Milton Rooms is a thriving arts venue with the largest sprung dancefloor in North Yorkshire; there is a Scheduled Monument – evidence of a Roman Fort; Parish Church with Norman origins; local museum with some important collections; the Ryedale Book Festival brings well known faces to the town; finally there is the Charles Dickens connection with Dickens believed to have modelled Scrooge’s Counting House in A Christmas Carol on former solicitors’ premises in Chancery Lane..
Malton Railway Station lies within a five minute stroll of Chiltern Place offering direct links to the coast, to York and on to Leeds, London, Liverpool and Manchester Airport.
This easily accessible corner of North Yorkshire has it all; the historic city of York, the North York Moors, Castle Howard, David Hockney’s Yorkshire Wolds and The Heritage Coast are all on the doorstep.
• Kitchen units in apartments 1,2,4, 5, 6 are all Walnut Finish with Apartment 3 being New York High Gloss Cashmere Finish.
• Worktops are all manufactured by Dekton in a Kadum finish (except 1,2 – Quartz finish)
• Kitchen Sink and Tap - Supplied by Caple in Karns Copper finish.
• All appliances are Neff products. These include an induction hob and extractor hood, oven, dishwasher, wine cooler (except apartment 3) and fridge freezer. Apartment 5 has a fridge only with with provision for a freezer in the larder cupboard.
• All appliances are integrated.
• Karndean Dark Walnut in the hall, kitchen, dining areas, cloakrooms, en suite and sitting areas.
• Carpets in the bedrooms only and sitting room of apartment 6.
• Handmade painted wardrobes in all apartments with hanging space and shelves.
• Apartments 3,4,5, 6 use traditional radiators powered by a Trianco electric boiler and cylinder with electric underfloor heating and towel rails in the en suites.
• Apartments 1,2 use a wet underfloor system throughout all rooms powered by a Trainco electric boiler and cylinder with an electric towel rail in each en suite.
En suite and Cloakrooms
• Villeroy & Boch furniture with Hansgrohe taps and fittings.
• Finished in polished marble tiles.
• All cloakrooms have a floating wc and basin.
• Apartments 1, 2 have a separate utility room.
• Apartments 3,4,5,6 have a separate utility cupboard.
Balconies and Private Areas
• Apartments 1,3,4,5,6 all have their own private balcony/terrace accessed from the apartment, constructed from a slim metal rail and a glass screen.
• Apartment 2 has its own private terrace made of York Stone flags with iron railings.
• All residents have use of the south west facing courtyard garden. This area is set within the development, cannot be seen from the street and can only be accessed by residents.
Windows & Doors
• The windows are manufactured from softwood and comprise two sashes. They are all double-glazed box windows.
• The balcony/terrace doors are manufactured from hardwood and are double glazed.
Internet & Services
• Apartments have been wired to allow for Sky Q/Sky multi-room/Virgin TV in both the bedroom and living areas.
• BT have provided a new connection to supply high speed broadband to all the apartments.
• Each apartment has its own separate extra storage area on site with lockable steel doors. The size of each lockup is 3 metres by 1 metre. Also provided is a communal bike rack. This area is located beneath apartment 1.
• A secure door at the entrance to the development prevents any unauthorised access. Residents will be given a fob to gain entry. This door can be controlled by the video interface system in each apartment to allow visitors to enter.
• CCTV has been installed to cover the car parking area, entrance and foyer of the building.
• The car parking area is tarmacked and spray gravelled.
• Each space is denoted by stone sets and has a remote controlled submergeable bollard.
• A separate screened area has been allowed for refuse storage.
Sound Proofing & Insulation
• A specialist insulation company has been heavily involved in the project from the planning phase. This is to ensure the highest standards of sound protection between apartments and thermal performance of the building.
Services: All mains services
Management Fees: £180.00/apartment per annum
Service Charges per annum: Apt 1 £1,201.04; Apt 2 1,207.20; Apt 3 £1,231.85; Apt 4 £1,112.70; Apt 5 £1,348.95; Apt 6 £1,398.26
Local authority: Ryedale District Council 01653 600666
Photographs and particulars: Oct 2018
NB: Google map images is not a current nor a true representation.