Detached family house in Fulford Village with annexe, off street parking and gardens.
York 2 miles, Leeds 24 miles, A1 11 miles. (Distances approximate)
Entrance and boot room, staircase hall, drawing room, kitchen breakfast room, utility room, dining room/bar, conservatory
4 double bedrooms, 1 single bedroom, house bathroom
Ground floor annexe with hall, 2 bedrooms, en suite bathroom
Parking for 4 cars, bike store, sheds, stone terrace, rear and side gardens
Sycamore House, Main Street, Fulford, York YO10 4PX
Enjoying an advantageous position in the heart of Fulford village but discreetly situated well away from the busy road, this detached house lies in a good-sized plot, has off street parking and a generous rear garden. Believed to date circa 1960, Sycamore House is a much-loved family home, now requiring cosmetic attention. The property offers significant potential to add value.
• Large, detached house and annexe of nearly 2500 sq ft
• Generous living space and ideal orientation with south/west facing gardens
• Two bedroom annexe on the eastern wing of the house with own entrance and garden access – potential to become self-contained accommodation for a teenage or elderly relative
• Spacious, modern, fitted kitchen breakfast room with French doors opening south onto the terrace, large utility room adjoining on one side and sunny conservatory on the other
• Large 22 ft drawing room with east and west aspects
• Rear and side enclosed gardens with shed, versatile timber building with power and light, gated side access
• Ideal location some 10 minutes’ drive from York railway station and 5 minutes’ from the Designer Outlet and outer ringroad
Historic Fulford retains a strong village identity and sits some two miles south of York city walls. Regarded as one of York’s prime residential areas it has a wide range of local amenities and lies within the catchment area of ‘Outstanding’ Fulford School, and within easy reach of a number of private schools. Communication links are excellent with a regular bus service into York, easy access to the A64 and motorway network, Leeds and the commercial centres of West Yorkshire. There is also a cycle and footpath network along Fulford Ings into the city centre.
Services: all mains services are connected.
Fixtures & fittings: Items mentioned in these particulars are included. Others may be made available separately
Local authority: City of York 01904 551550
Directions: From York take the A19/Fulford Road. Once in the village look out for ‘Fulford Flowers’. The shared drive to Sycamore House lies directly opposite, as denoted by the For Sale board.
Photographs and particulars: January 2019
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.