Exceptional contemporary house on the edge of a superb village between York and Harrogate, with garaging, parking, gardens and far-reaching views across open countryside.
Porch, entrance and staircase hall, sitting room, snug, kitchen/dining and living room
Master bedroom with en suite, guest bedroom with en suite, bedroom 3, family bathroom
2nd floor room/bedroom 4
Large front and rear gardens, terrace, parking for 3 cars, double garage
Mulberry Lodge, Main Street, Aldwark, York YO61 1UB
Skilfully constructed in 2017 to blend in with the vernacular architecture of this most attractive North Yorkshire village, Mulberry Lodge is designed with luxury in mind and has the added benefit of a glorious, open, rural outlook both front and rear. Effectively a new build, this house is notable for its quality of construction and finish, and lends itself to someone wanting to put their own stamp on the property.
• Large house of 2334 sq ft set on a generous plot with good ceiling heights and a south facing orientation to the rear
• Versatile space on all three floors – currently 4 bedrooms, 3 reception rooms
• This is a high tech, environmentally friendly house with low running costs: the electric Air to Water Heat Pump is at the top end of environmental energy saving; all downstairs rooms are heated by a multizone water piped underfloor heating system, each room thermostatically controlled; all bathrooms have dual supply, electric and water, heated towel rails and thermostatically controlled electric underfloor heating. A ‘Nu Air’ continuous air ventilation and extraction system covers the whole house. There is also a 4 KW PV Panel Installation, electric grid backfeed system on the garage roof.
• At the heart of the the home is a light-filled kitchen dining room that opens to a large living area with two roof lanterns and a contemporary wood burning stove alongside an exposed Yorkshire brick feature wall. Two sets of bi-fold doors lead to a superb paved patio, ideal for private entertaining
• Bespoke kitchen made by Chapel Kitchens & Furniture of Nun Monkton with kitchen island and breakfast bar, granite worktops, NEFF appliances, 5 plate induction hob and double butler sink. The dishwasher, washing machine and condenser tumble drier are all brand new and unused
• Potential to extend the rear garden into the field at the rear by forty meters, subject to permissions and purchase costs - currently being negotiated
• The flexibility and potential for cost effective development either using velux windows or Dormer Construction is significant on the second floor where any new owner has an open canvas to develop this space as all services are installed, the roof was designed to facilitate this and all necessary regulations have been complied with to cover this future capability
• Very popular village well located some half an hour’s drive from both York and Harrogate
Mulberry Lodge is positioned on a large plot with the house set well back from the village road. Gate posts open to a gravel drive with a parking and turning area and garage beyond. The large, brick built double garage with pantile roof has remote-controlled, high security roller doors. Well stocked, mulched, plant beds fringe the drive and the lawned front garden is bounded by laurel and mixed hedges with a high timber fence to the western boundary. At the rear, the garden faces south, is elevated and has a delightful rural outlook across open pastures and bands of woodland. A recessed landscape design, incorporating a recently planted hedge, creates a barrier whilst preserving an uninterrupted view of the landscape beyond. The garden is predominantly lawned with a generous patio area, gravel path and three raised beds.
Easingwold 7 miles, York 12 miles, Harrogate 16 miles, Leeds 35 miles. (Distances approximate)
Aldwark is a pretty, rural village bordering the river Ouse and known for its strong sense of community. There is a village pub, a church, a bus service and Aldwark Manor Golf Club and Spa Hotel with its swimming pool and gym all set within 120 acres of parkland. The nearby toll bridge provides a route over to Great Ouseburn and Harrogate. The village is popular with commuters and families in part due to the excellent schools in Alne and Easingwold. Nearby independent schools are Cundall Manor and Queen Ethelburga’s. There is an award-winning shop and post office three miles away in Tollerton, and the popular Georgian market town of Easingwold provides a wide range of shops and services.
Services: Mains water, electric and drainage. The house is all electric with all heating supplied by the energy saving Air to Water Heat Source Pump. This is a very environmentally aware house using the heat source pump, high levels of insulation, heat retention glass and a 4 Kilowatt PV electric grid feeding system.
Fixtures & fittings: Fitted carpets,curtains and blinds are to be included in the sale. All furniture on the ground floor is available to purchase by separate negotiation.
Insurance: The house is covered by a Checkmate Castle 10 Insurance Policy, well in excess of the normal NHBC cover.
Local authority: Hambleton District Council 01609 779977
Directions: Entering the village from the A19 the property can be found almost immediately on the left hand side, the middle of three new build properties, as denoted by the For Sale board.
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.