Exceptional family house of 4400 sq ft in an enviable village location 15 minutes' drive from York.
4 reception rooms, kitchen breakfast room, 5 large bedrooms (3 en suites), house bathroom, second floor room with bathroom
Front and rear gardens, double garage, outbuildings, summer house
Park Gate, Sand Hutton, York YO41 1JZ
Park Gate enjoys a private, peaceful and leafy setting in one of the most desirable villages closeto York. Its attractive, vernacular architecture allows it to blend in with the traditional period houses of the village, yet it enjoys all the benefits of being thoroughly contemporary and energy efficient. Every facet of this outstanding property, inside and out, has been conceived and maintained to the highest level with an eye to increasing the overall luxury and well-being of both house and garden.
• Substantial, detached and versatile house of 4400 sq ft and attached double garage
• Built of hand-made bricks in 2011 by the renowned Francis Johnson Partnership
• Generous family accommodation with large rooms on all floors and plentiful storage
• Impressive 25 ft kitchen with island and breakfast bar, silestone work tops and integrated Neff appliances. Utility room alongside.
• The kitchen breakfast room links directly to the light filled garden room with its roof lantern and bi-fold doors that open full-width to the sunny garden terrace
• Elegantly proportioned sitting room with contemporary gas-fired stove
• Family room with bespoke TV cabinet • Enormous bedroom suite above the garage practically constitutes a separate wing
• On the second floor is a versatile 31 ft room with en suite bathroom that would make an ideal teenage suite, gym or 6th bedroom
• High specification finish with timber double-glazed Yorkshire sliding sash windows, Tadcaster Limestone floors, underfloor heating, Villeroy & Boch and Ben de Lisi sanitary ware, bespoke fitted furniture, smart lighting and multi-room audio system
• Low running costs - economical air-source heat pump energy
• Regular upkeep and high level maintenance – the exterior repainted in 2017
• Electric gates, security lighting and smart doorbell with integrated video entry alarm system
• Private, beautifully designed and easily maintained gardens
• Rapid access to York, Malton and Leeds via A64
The house is well screened and set back from the village road behind parkland railings and wrought iron electric gates. A gravelled drive leads alongside a sweep of lawn to the garage and provides an ample parking and turning area. There is a side access as well as access to the rear garden through the double-length garage with electric doors, power and sensor lights. At the rear, the garden enjoys a south easterly orientation with an unspoilt, open outlook. There are three brick outbuildings, one of which is a gardener’s loo, a number of raised beds, outside taps providing hot & cold water and a timber summer house on an elevated terrace, facing south west.
York 8 miles, Leeds 30 miles, Leeds Bradford airport about an hour’s drive. (Distances and time approximate)
Sand Hutton lies just off the A64 some 8 miles north east of York, within easy reach of the city, Malton and, via the York by-pass, the A1, Leeds and Leeds Bradford airport. The village is a thriving community with a highly regarded primary school, a children’s playgroup, St Mary’s Parish Church, a village hall and green. Vangarde retail park with John Lewis and neighbouring Monks Cross can be reached in ten minutes by car.
Mains water, electricity and drainage. LPG gas.
Fixtures and fittings
Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Ryedale District Council 01653 600666
The house stands back from the Upper Helmsley road overlooking the village green.
Photographs & particulars dated:
April 2019 and May 2012