A magnificent Victorian village house of 4500 sq ft with a self-contained annexe, lovely gardens and double garage.
Entrance hall, 5 reception rooms, kitchen breakfast room with Aga, conservatory, boot room, wc. Principal bedroom with en suite shower room, 3 further bedrooms, family bathroom, bathrooms
Self-contained annexe: kitchen/living room, bedroom, bathroom
Front and rear gardens, summer house, pizza oven, store shed, block paved driveway and wide turning area, detached double garage
Approximately half an acre
Prospect House, Alne, York YO61 1RT
Prospect House is a traditional Victorian farmhouse that, together with its adjoining outbuildings and within the framework of the vernacular village house, has been utterly transformed. Modern living has supplanted the original. The result is a remarkable family house on a large scale and with versatile accommodation that includes a self-contained, annexe on the first floor. The setting and gardens complement the very current feel of the interiors.
• Extensive and hugely versatile family house occupying 4,500 sq ft
• Well screened and private, off the main street of the village
• High specification finish: sealed unit double glazing, pressurised hot water and heating systems, hardwood or stone flagged floors
• Since 2016 the owner has installed new carpets and underlay throughout, added four new Chesney wood-burning stoves, laid new floor tiling in the laundry room, created an entirely new cloakroom and master en suite bathroom, installed air conditioning and blinds in the conservatory and extended the kitchen
• Spacious, contemporary kitchen breakfast room with 4-oven Aga and Aga module, hand-built ‘Smallbone' units, Butler sinks and granite work surfaces
• Impressive, full height drawing room of nearly 28 ft with access to the annexe
• Annexe providing self-contained accommodation on the first floor
• Contemporary bathroom sanitaryware and fittings
• Outside, the current owner has installed a new wood-burning pizza oven and created a very useful area of hardstanding (approx. 6m x 5m)
The south-facing front garden has twin silver birches, a high laurel hedge and a broad sweep of lawn, with a wisteria scrambling over the front elevation. A block paved driveway leads up one side and through a 5-bar gate to a very wide turning area in front of the double garage. The rear gardens are private and sheltered, formally landscaped with verdant lawns edged with low box hedging. A path leads through an arch in the high beech hedge to a private, sun-filled terrace with a summer house. There is a rear access point to the property through double wooden gates on the back lane.
York 10 miles, Easingwold 4 miles, Thirsk 12 miles (distances approximate)
The thriving and popular village of Alne has many amenities including an ‘Outstanding’ primary school, pub, church, village hall, bus service and sporting facilities, with excellent independent schooling options in easy reach and a wider range of amenities available in the nearby market town of Easingwold. Alne lies west of the A19, close to Easingwold and accessible to York and west, via Aldwark Bridge, to Harrogate and Leeds, the A1 and the national motorway network.
Mains water, electricity and drainage
Fixtures & fittings
Items mentioned in these particulars are included. Others may be made available separately
Hambleton District 01609 779977
The village is approached from A19 and Easingwold and the house lies at the western end of the village, almost opposite the school.