Delightful house with good ceiling heights, generous garden and some fabulous views, in the heart of this North Yorkshire thriving village.
Entrance halls, sitting room, kitchen and dining room
3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (1 en suite)
Terrace, lawned garden with views, timber shed
Stable Cottage, East End, Ampleforth, York, North Yorkshire YO62 4DB
This traditional, grade II listed, stone cottage has been sympathetically restored and extended, re-roofed, re-pointed and its interior finished to a high specification. It sits in the middle of the village facing south towards the Howardian Hills in a thriving village that lies at the southern end of the National Park with excellent access to Helmsley.
• Semi-detached cottage of 1107 sq ft arranged over three floors
• Fine architectural features include deep sills, exposed beams and vaulted ceiling
• Contemporary fitted kitchen with Lapicida floor tiles that continue into the dining room
• The new extension is a wonderful space with plenty of natural light and underfloor heating. French doors open on to the west facing terrace.
• 17ft sitting room with good proportions and a working fireplace
• Newly fitted bathrooms and a new central heating system installed
• The second floor bedroom suite has a vaulted ceiling and a power shower
• Good ceiling heights and storage
• Just a few minutes’ walk to village facilities including stores and pub
A wrought iron gate at the side of the house opens to a path that leads round to the rear paved terrace. Steps steeply rise to the elevated area of garden which offers fabulous views south from its lawns and sunny terrace. It is well screened from its neighbour with timber fencing and there are a number of trees, including fruit trees.
York 19 miles, Helmsley 4 miles, Malton and Thirsk 12 miles (distances approximate)
Ampleforth is home to the eponymous co-educational public school. The village enjoys busy community life and is well served with a choice of pubs and a shop, churches, primary schools and a bus service. The thriving and popular market town of Helmsley can be reached in about 10 minutes and the beautiful countryside of the North York Moors National Park lies over the road.
Services: Mains water, electricity and drainage, oil fired central heating/hot water
Fixtures and fittings: items mentioned in these particulars are included. Other items may be separately available.
Local Authority: Ryedale District Council 01653 600666
Planning Authority: North York Moors National Park
Heading west and down the hill into the heart of the village, the property can be found on the right hand side just before the Roman Catholic Church opposite.
For more photos and details regarding this property visit www.blenkinandco.com
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.