Fabulous Victorian house with annexe, surrounded by its own lovely gardens.
Entrance and staircase hall, kitchen living room, utility room, wc, boot room, dining room, garden room, study, cellar
Annexe with living area, bedroom with en suite bathroom
Master bedroom with dressing area and en suite shower room 3 further bedrooms (1 with en suite shower room), family bathroom
Gardens, garage, workshop, summerhouse
The Manor House, Main Street, Amotherby, Malton YO17 6TG
This handsome Victorian house has been modernised and adapted to create contemporary and eminently practical ground floor living space that enjoys a strong relationship with the lovely gardens that wrap around the house. On the western elevation, bi-fold doors connect the terrace to the principal reception rooms, heightening the link between house and garden. This delightful property – with useful annexe – is designed for a life well lived.
• Large, detached house of nearly 3800 sq ft
• Period features include original Victorian floor tiles in the hall, bay windows, high ceilings, picture rails and decorative fireplaces
• Bespoke fitted kitchen with granite work surfaces over, integrated fridge/freezer, double Belfast-style sink with chrome mixer taps, breakfast island, and 'Britannia' range cooker with six ring gas hob and extractor fan. The living area has a cast iron wood-burning stove and French doors into the garden room. Underfloor heating throughout
• Useful utility room (with Worcester boiler and hot water cylinder) and boot room
• Dining room with high vaulted ceiling, Velux roof lights and bi-fold doors that allow the dining to be conveyed to the terrace
• The fabulous garden room with its bespoke bar area, sky lantern and bi-fold doors has been designed with entertaining in mind. With the doors fully open on to the garden terrace this room with its stone flagged floor becomes a space that wholly unites the indoors with the great outdoors.
• Galleried landing with central vaulted ceiling and Velux roof lights
• Built-in and walk-in wardrobes on the first floor
• The self-contained, adjoining annexe is arranged over two floors. An outside door opens to a terrace and walled garden area. Steps lead down to a decked area with jacuzzi hot tub and enclosed veranda.
• Open fronted American style garage and 1400 sq ft workshop
A tree-lined, gravelled driveway sweeps to the side of the property and leads to a substantial parking and turning area to the rear of the house. Established formal lawned gardens are flanked by herbaceous borders and an al fresco seating area enjoys the best of the afternoon and evening sun.
Garage (36' x 26'): an open front building with steel portal frame and timber clad walls, concrete floor, electric power and lights, separate access to a lawnmower store
Workshop (55' x 25'): with solid concrete block walls and timber cladding, concrete floor, electric power and light, wc, double timber doors
Summerhouse (15'1 x 12'2): with uPVC double glazed French doors and windows, canopied decked veranda, electric power and lights
Malton 3 miles, Helmsley 13 miles, York 19 miles (distances approximate).
Amotherby is a small village on the B1257 between Malton and Helmsley on the edge of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. It has a primary school, village hall, church and the ‘Queen’s Head’, a hugely popular and well regarded Cantonese restaurant and takeaway.
Nearby Malton is known as Yorkshire’s Food capital, Malton is enjoying a resurgence of popularity underpinned by its excellent independent shops, cafes and restaurants, its monthly food market and nationally-acclaimed festival. The railway station offers direct links to York and on to Leeds, London, Liverpool and Manchester Airport. Malton School and local primaries have a very good reputation, and Ampleforth College and Terrington Hall independent schools lie within easy reach.
Services: Mains electricity and water. LPG central heating.
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as furniture, curtains, light fittings, the antique kitchen cupboard, stand alone appliances, bathroom cupboards, garden ornaments, etc, are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority: Ryedale 01653 600666
Directions: upon entering the village of Amotherby on the B1257, The Manor House is situated on the right hand side before the village cross-roads.
Photographs and particulars: May 2019
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.