Deceptively large family house of nearly 2900 sq ft in a delightful Wolds village with garage, parking, gardens and views over open fields.
2 halls, 3 reception rooms, conservatory, cloakroom wc, kitchen breakfast room, pantry
Master bedroom with bathroom, 4 further bedrooms (2 en suite bathrooms), house bathroom
Double garage, parking, terrace, gardens
Ellerbridge, 58 Front Street, Lockington, East Riding of Yorkshire YO25 9SH
Ellerbridge has been utterly transformed from its humble eighteenth century beginnings to a splendid family house of some 2900 sq ft. A discreet property when viewed from the village street, it comes into its own at the rear where the entire width of the house connects to the large terrace and gardens beyond. Ellerbridge enjoys a picturesque setting overlooking the beck, a peaceful village location well placed for access to the market towns of Beverley and Driffield as well as the M62 and motorway network beyond.
• Original house circa 1781 with a substantial, modern, two-storey extension at the rear
• Versatile house of some 2900 sq ft with three large reception rooms and five bedrooms
• Well proportioned kitchen breakfast room with useful breakfast area and good sized pantry. A laundry cupboard on the first floor is designed to hold a washing machine and tumble dryer.
• Full-width bi-fold doors open from the family room on to the terrace, a perfect entertaining and barbeque area
• Updated in 2018 with new double glazed windows on the front elevation, new front and back doors, new conservatory windows and new electric garage doors
• Character features include a working fireplace, wood burning stove, stripped floorboards, stone flags, exposed ceiling beams, exposed brickwork and original bedroom fireplaces (blocked)
• Bespoke fitted oak furniture in the cloakroom and master bedroom
• Ample storage throughout with bespoke, fitted cupboards and wardrobes, and a large boot room/cloakroom adjoining the back door
• Sought after Wolds village with good Broadband speeds
Electric gates open to a private drive that leads to a parking area providing space for up to four cars and a detached double garage with electric doors and power. The garden itself surrounds three sides of the property, is well screened with high fencing and hedging on the eastern and western boundaries. To the rear is a sheltered, paved terrace and barbeque area with herbaceous borders and young fruit trees. Broad steps lead up to a further paved terrace beyond which lies a generous area of lawn fringed with an array of mature hardwood trees. At the far boundary is a field fence overlooking open fields and a five-bar gate with no formal access. On the western elevation of the house is a lawned side garden and a paved, south facing terrace accessed from the conservatory.
Beverley 6 miles, Driffield 8 miles, Hull 15 miles, Pocklington 15 miles, Malton 23 miles, York 30 miles (distances approximate).
Lockington is a traditional Wolds village with a tumbling beck that runs alongside Front Street, a primary school and Grade I Listed church. A Spar and farmshop are located at nearby Hutton Cranswick, and the market towns of Beverley and Driffield lie within a 20 minute drive. The village is convenient for the City of Hull and the major road network.
Services: Mains electricity and water. Oil fired central heating.
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others such as furniture, curtains, light fittings, stand alone appliances, cupboards, garden ornaments, etc, are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority: East Riding of Yorkshire
Directions: Ellerbridge can be found at the head of the bridge that crosses the village beck, where Thorpe Lane meets Front Street.
Photographs and particulars: May 2019
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.