Outstanding, mid terrace, York town house within a short stroll of city centre amenities, with a garage, gardens and parking spaces The property benefits from no onward chain.
City centre and York railway station ½ mile, Leeds 24 miles, Leeds Bradford Airport 28 miles. (Distances approximate)
This hugely impressive 5 bedroom town house has been designed with luxury in mind; it is a forward-looking, sophisticated, highly efficient property within a traditional York town house framework. With its garage, parking, good-sized gardens, open outlook and prime city centre location, No. 4 The Sycamores offers a peerless opportunity to buy one of York’s stand-out terraced houses.
The quiet, leafy setting of Sycamore Place lies just a short stroll from York’s bustling city centre and a few hundred yards from ‘Roots’, one of the most exciting new restaurants in the UK.
Freehold for sale
4 The Sycamores, Sycamore Place, Bootham, York YO30 7DW
• Remarkably spacious new build town house of nearly 2400 sq ft arranged over three floors, with gardens, garage and private parking
• Generous and highly versatile accommodation including 5 bedrooms, designed to fulfil every requirement of luxurious modern living and benefiting from underfloor heating throughout the ground floor
• Option of early design package to include fixtures, fittings, flooring, fireplace and even the configuration of internal space
• Beautifully constructed using the latest materials, sympathetically designed to blend in with the surrounding architecture, and finished to the highest specification
• Traditional town house features include bay windows, solid oak internal doors, cornicing and plasterwork, stone steps and wrought-iron garden gate with railings
• High tech and energy efficient property with a living green roof space of sedum above the kitchen, solar-panelled blinds and digital showers
• Outstanding 26ft open plan kitchen/dining/living room with bi-fold doors that create a seamless connection to the raised decked terrace and garden beyond
• Magnificent 22 ft principal bedroom suite with bay window and southerly orientation, extending the full width of the house
• Garage, private parking spaces and shared visitor parking
• Quiet, no-through residential street in a presitigious residential area within walking distance from the city centre and railway station
• York was voted The Sunday Times ‘Best Place to live in the UK’ 2018
At the front, the house is set back from Sycamore Place behind a Portuguese Laurel hedge. A wide wrought-iron garden gate opens on to brick setts with a topiarised laurel tree and a raised herbaceous border alongside. Generous stone steps flanked by wrought-iron railings ascend to the hardwood front door.
Accessed from Queen Anne’s Road, automatic, electric gates give rear access to four town houses. No. 4 is a mid terrace. Here there is a private single garage with power, light and electric door, and alongside is a generous parking space with an electrical vehicle charging point. Exterior lighting illuminates the garage, driveway and garden. A brick-sett garden path crosses the generous lawned garden with cherry tree, and stone steps rise to the decking. This terrace is sheltered by glass balustrade panels that sit directly in front of the bi-fold doors, providing the perfect opportunity for al fresco dining. A 6ft opaque polished perspex panel provides privacy from neighbours. Alongside the north western elevation of this particular property is a landscaped side garden, with an access gate to the front.
4 Sycamore Place lies just a short, 600 metre stroll from the city centre through the leafy, riverside Museum Gardens and past the medieval ruins of St Mary’s Abbey and along a pedestrian walk way. An alternative route is along the Georgian thoroughfare of tree-lined Bootham, one of the original Roman gateways into the city. Unlike many York town houses it enjoys a quiet residential position and open outlook, tucked away on a peaceful no-through road close to the bustling city centre. Sainsbury’s Local is conveniently located a few minutes’ walk away, as are two independent schools, St Peter’s School and Bootham. The railway station can be reached in little more than five minutes on foot via the new river footbridge, from where there is a regular service to London Kings Cross. For dog owners and keen cyclists, there are many miles of riverside walking and cycle paths to Clifton Ings and far beyond. York Hospital is less than a mile away, and the University of York and A64 trunk road are easily accessible.
Fittings: Upon securing the property with a deposit, options may be made available to the buyer for the kitchen and utility room fittings, the wood burning stove and bespoke finishes to flooring.
Services: All mains services.
Local authority: City of York 01904 551550
Directions: Off Bootham, head down Queen Anne’s Road and you’ll see The Sycamores at the bottom.
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.