Handsome Edwardian house with superb gardens and outbuildings close to all the amenities of the market town of Kirkbymoorside and the stunning scenery of the North York Moors.
Entrance and staircase hall, 2 reception rooms, huge kitchen/dining/living room, utility and wc, 6 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms.
Garage, studio room, summer house, greenhouse, front and rear gardens
Beagle House, West Lund Lane, Kirkbymoorside, York, North Yorkshire YO62 6AH
This splendid six bedroom house is perfectly placed in Kirkbymoorside for access to all amenities as well as to the great outdoors of the Howardian Hills and North York Moors. Its magnificent kitchen/dining/living room is designed to be at the heart of this family home, with six decent bedrooms on the upper floors. The gardens include a sheltered and sunny paved terrace providing a superb outdoor living space. A large garage and two brick built outbuildings offer scope to the incoming buyer.
• Large semi-detached Edwardian house of 2831 sq ft arranged over three floors
• Versatile outbuildings including a brick built studio and summer house
• High specification and sensitively renovated throughout
• Period features include fireplaces, original floorboards, bay window amd deep sitting room window, internal doors, cornicing and ceiling rose, ornate ironwork arch in the staircase hall
• Exceptional 25ft kitchen/dining/living room extended and connected to the garden through French doors with Velux roof lights above. There is an island with breakfast bar, Belfast sink, granite work surfaces. Alongside is a useful utility room with WC.
• Two well proportioned reception rooms both with working fireplaces and deep windows
• First floor study/home office – fast broadband
• Far reaching views from the upper floors
• Glorious outside space designed for luxurious al fresco entertaining
The house is set well back from the road behind a high clipped hedge and lawned front garden. Timber gates open to a drive giving access to the double length garage and attached studio room (lighting and power), and parking and turning area in front of the house. The garden continues along the northern elevation of the house to the rear. Here, accessed from the kitchen/dining/living room is a terrace designed as an outdoor living space. It is paved and sheltered by sculpted and clipped box hedging, a honeysuckle-clad pergola and the summer house, creating an attractive courtyard setting. The summer house is brick-built, and has light and power. Beyond are lawns, two bountiful apple trees (eater and cooker), a greenhouse and raised bed.
Helmsley 6 miles, Pickering 7 miles, Malton 15 miles, Scarborough 25 miles, York 26 miles. (Distances approximate)
Kirkbymoorside sits on the A170 Thirsk to Scarborough road on the southern edge of the North York Moors National Park between Pickering and Helmsley. Malton railway station connects to the mainline railway station at York with its regular service to London. Kirkbymoorside itself has the wide range of facilities and amenities expected of a flourishing market town in rural North Yorkshire including numerous independent shops and two supermarkets, schools, pubs, post office, GP surgery and pharmacy. ‘Outstanding’ Ryedale School lies three miles away, and a selection of independent schools are within easy reach.
Services: All mains services. Gas central heating.
Fixtures & fittings: Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as fitted carpets, curtains, light fittings, garden ornaments etc., are specifically excluded but may be made available by separate negotiation.
Local authority: Ryedale District Council 01653 600666
Directions: Heading west on the A170 into Kirkbymoorside, head straight across the roundabout and keep going. Turn left on to West Lund Lane and you will see Beagle House a hundred yards down on your left hand side as denoted by the For Sale board.
Photographs and particulars: August 2020
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.