Detached village house with good family space and potential to develop further, situated midway between York and Harrogate.
Entrance and staircase hall, wc, 3 reception rooms, kitchen and breakfast room, utility room, store. Master bedroom with en suite dressing room and bathroom, 3 further bedrooms, house bathroom
Inchmarlo, Station Road, Cattal, York YO26 8DX
This fine, modern, detached house is designed for family living with good sized rooms, well planned accommodation arranged over two floors – with potential to go into the loft - and a lovely garden with an open, west facing outlook. Its location is a true asset being in a rural village that offers easy access in all directions, with Cattal Railway Station just a mile to the north.
• Large detached house of 2792 sq ft in a good sized plot
• Set back and well screened from the village road
• Ample parking and turning area, and a double garage
• Sealed unit double glazing.
• Grand hall with impressive oak staircase, oak double doors opening to the dining room and a galleried landing
• The fitted Shaker kitchen has granite worktops, a kitchen island and breakfast area facing the garden
• A separate dining room has sliding doors that open to the garden terrace
• 19ft sitting room with a multi-fuel stove, floor to ceiling windows overlooking the garden , and double doors to the study
• The master bedroom suite has a dressing room and large bathroom
• Development potential in the attic and space above the double garage
• Lovely garden backing on to fields
• 2 minute drive to Cattal Railway Station with its hourly services eastbound to York and westbound to Harrogate
The house is set back behind a high hedge with gateposts giving access to an ample parking and turning area in front of the house and double garage. The large rear garden is predominantly laid to lawn and neighbours adjoining open fields
A59 1½ miles, A1(M) 4 miles, Knaresborough 6 miles, Harrogate and York 12 miles,
Inchmarlo occupies an established setting on the edge of this small but superbly located village midway between York and Harrogate, less than two miles from the A59 and with rapid links to the A1(M). A railway station lies within a few minutes’ drive, giving easy access to Harrogate and the mainline services at York. A well liked pub, ‘The Victoria’, is situated next door.
Services: Mains electricity, water, oil central heating. Private drainage. Council tax band G.
Fixtures & fittings: Items mentioned in these particulars are included. Others may be made available separately
Local authority: Harrogate District Council.
Directions: From the A59 take the turning signposted to Cattal. The property can be found on the right hand side just as you enter the village as denoted by the agent’s For Sale board.
Photographs and particulars: September 2019
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.