A landmark Georgian house and garden with superb interiors, located in a thriving village between York and Leeds.
OPEN TO VIEW FRIDAY 8TH NOVEMBER 2-3PM - please call the office to make an appointment
Entrance and staircase hall, cloakroom wc, 3 formal reception rooms, kitchen breakfast room with dining room and family room, utility room, cellars
Master bedroom with en suite bathroom, 4 further bedrooms (1 en suite), family bathroom, shower room, games room
Double garage, parking, terrace and walled garden
The Mount, 69 Main Street, Monk Fryston, North Yorkshire LS25 5DU
This handsome Georgian house sits in an elevated position in the heart of an historic village situated midway between York and Leeds. Extended and renovated by the current owners, the property skillfully blends new build and contemporary styling with classic eighteenth century architecture. A stand-out feature of the property is the enormously successful extension which links the original house to the renovated outbuildings, thus creating a large kitchen/dining/living area connected to the garden terrace.
• Eighteenth century family house of more than 4000 sq ft
• Notable period features include exposed beams, architraves, panelling, window shutters, handsome imperial staircase, picture rails, high ceilings, elegantly proportioned rooms and a decorative cast iron fireplace
• Some high spec fittings: app controlled zoned heating, hydronic underfloor heating in the new extension, solar glass, bi-fold doors
• Well maintained: new stone roof, new boiler, up-to-date electrics, new double-glazed sash windows
• Fabulous open plan ground floor space linking the kitchen breakfast room to the dining and family rooms by means of a solar control glazed roof with Velux windows designed to deliver optimum temperature all year round. Full width bi-fold doors open onto the terrace and gardens beyond.
• Bespoke fitted kitchen units with integrated appliances, Silestone work surfaces, complementary island unit with breakfast bar, gas Aga and utility room alongside.
• Wonderful family room with three floor-to-ceiling windows providing a lovely view to the terrace and gardens beyond
• Sitting room has a contemporary wood burner with glass front
• Drawing room with traditional fireplace and large corner cupboard
• Master bedroom with bespoke fitted wardrobes and large en suite bathroom with underfloor heating
• Good sized bedrooms with elegant proportions and high ceiling heights
• Outstanding second floor space makes an ideal teenage suite or games room
• Cellars with stone floor and radiator, provides dry usable space and houses the boiler
• Convenient location with excellent road and rail links. Leeds, York and Doncaster (trains to London 1hr 40 mins) can all be reached in about half an hour
Timber gates open to a large gravelled drive that provides ample parking, and gives access to a detached stone double garage with electric up-and-over door, power and light. Behind the garage lies a lawned area of garden with herbaceous borders, well screened from the deep grass verge, slipway and village road by a deep stone wall and high privet hedge. Adjacent to the house on the south east elevation is a sheltered and private paved terrace, ideal for al fresco dining, behind which lies a formal, structured garden with pond, water feature, low box hedging and espalier fruit trees. A high hedge with timber arch separates this from a sheltered wildflower garden at the rear with slate chipped path. The entire garden is bounded by a mellow stone wall.
Leeds 18 miles, York 20 miles, Doncaster 23 miles, Harrogate 26 miles, Selby 8 miles, A1M 2 miles, Leeds Bradford Airport 1 hour (distances and times approximate)
Monk Fryston is a popular and historic village within easy reach of Selby, York and Leeds. The village has its own facilities including its own post office and village store, 17th century village pub and restaurant, local farm shop, doctors’ surgery, ‘Outstanding’ primary school, pre-school, community centre and church. Opposite The Mount isonk Fryston Hall, a Grade II Listed country house hotel that dates back to the 12th century and lies in 66 acres of parkland, lies opposite the house. A full range of amenities is available in the nearby towns and cities nearby. The village is situated within approximately five minutes’ drive of the A1/M62 motorway networks providing rapid access to Leeds, York, Wakefield, Doncaster, Hull and Sheffield. York is a half hour drive away. Bus stops are nearby, and include school buses to Queen Elizabeth Grammar School at Wakefield and a number of Harrogate schools. Doncaster railway station can be reached in half an hour providing rapid access to London Kings Cross.
Services: all mains services.
Fixtures & fittings: Items mentioned in these particulars are included. Others may be made available separately
Local authority: Selby District of North Yorkshire. Conservation Area.
Directions: From Selby, the property can be found on the left hand side opposite Monk Fryston Country House Hotel. Turn off on the slip road and the gates to the property can be seen immediately, just before Church Lane.
Photographs and particulars: August 2019
NB: Google map images may neither be current nor a true representation.